Chapter 38:Who are you?

Tristan

"Tristan I support whatever decision you make and will support you."

My dad said on the other side of the phone as I was driving to work.

"Tha.... I started to say

"Hypothetically." my dad cut me off.

"Realistically Hell no! you don't need to rush and get married again."

"Dad I love her and I want to be my wife and start my family."

"Nope, you need to be thinking about the family business."

"Why did you call me?" I asked ignoring his comment.

He paused.

"Boy don't forget I'm your dad and I'll come up there." He threatened.

I rolled my eyes knowing he not going to do anything he usually has someone else do his dirty work.

"I called you because I'm having Thanksgiving at my house and I want all my kids to come and bring your girlfriend too. " He told me.

"I actually work tomorrow..." I said lying through my teeth I was not up to see him or my sisters.

"I already talked to your boss... Let's just say he gave you the day off tomorrow."

Just great.

"Be here by tomorrow I have something very important to share... Don't make me look for you." He threatened.

"Fine, we'll be there." I said dryly.

"Just remember changing your last name doesn't change anything your still my son." He hung up after that.

Damn.

(Candy Pov)

I pulled up to the police station and got out of the car I had on a yellow sundress dress are pretty much the only things a really wear now lose and comfortable for my growing belly.

Since after everything that happened with DJ he ended up getting sent to Kansas and Damion finally went back home and I was no longer working I figured surprise Tristan at work with some food I got from his favorite taco truck.

I walked in and felt glances from all directions I just ignored it.

Then I sat down in a chair and started to text Tristan.

"Hey, I looked up from my phone and saw Jerry the asshole from the game night.

"Hi, I said in a nasty tone I wasn't in the mood.

He ignored it and sat in the black chair next to me.

"I just want to apologize for what happened everyone was drinking and things got crazy." he explained.

I went back to looking at my phone.

"Whatever I said nonchalantly.

Fuck him and all those bitches that laughed we were drinking my ass.

"Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or are you always like this?" He questioned me.

I looked at him.

"I'm always like this towards you so take the hint and go do your job." I rolled my eyes.

He did a small laugh.

"Your attitude doesn't scare me by the way pregnancy is treating you well." he said with a smirk.

Was he flirting with me or being a smart ass.

"Hey baby what are you doing here?"
Tristan walked up to us.

"I just wanted to bring my man some food since you work so hard."

I smiled as I stood up and handed Tristan the food.

Jerry laughed.
"Is that what he tells you?" he said

He smiled.
"Thanks, babe." he gave me a quick kiss then his eyes went over to Jerry.

"Whats up Jerry." he said looking dead at him.

"Nothing much I'm about to head back to work." he said walking away.

Later after running some errands, I decided to walk to the mailbox and checked the mail and pulled out a small stack of letters and sales papers.

After I made it into the house slowly but surely to be five months pregnant I tried to stay somewhat active. I went and sat at the kitchen going through the mail until I came across a blank envelope.

"What is this?"I said to myself as I opened it.

It was some marriage papers even though we aren't getting married yet we still trying to get some of the paperwork done early. It requested we send in a copy of our birth certificate

It was still early so I could get them and get them copied and send them out.

I went upstairs and got them out of our lock box and got my keys went to my car and made my way to the courthouse.

"I'm sorry mam we need both original birth certificates." the cleck said as she handed me back the birth certificates.

I looked at her like she was crazy.

"These are the original ones." I said.

She looked at me unfazed.

"Mam it says here that Tristan Michels changed his last name to Davis."
she was looking at her computer screen.

I was shocked.

Why would he change his last name and not tell me...

Candy is about to be on Tristan's ass 😂
What's up with Jerry though?

For once Damion isn't in any mess.