Chapter 37:His wife

Candy

"Make sure you send those files of Mr. Jackson's results before you go on lunch."

I heard my boss tell me I told him okay.

I turned back to my computer behind the front desk and started sending the files.

When my phone started flashing.

Who could be calling me now?

I glanced at the phone and it was My man Tristan I slipped my earbuds in and answered

"Hey babe."

"Hey baby", he said

"Are on your lunch break?" He asked

I told said no and then he asked if I wanted to go to lunch since he was on my side of town doing some business.

I said sure and told him I had to send off some files first.

"Okay I'll be there in 10 or 15 minutes." he said.

I told him okay and ended the call and rushed to send the files off. After I was done I grabbed my black Gucci purse and started to walk out of the hospital.

As I walked outside the sky was blue with the sun shining in the sky. I stood and watched the hustle of the people walking by me.

I saw a black Mercedes pull up it was Tristan I had a feeling he had some good news or something because only time he drives the Mercedes is if some good news happened or he just felt like stunting. Other than that he drives his trucks.

He opened my door I got in.

"Hey baby." he said.

"Hey boo, I said as I leaned over and gave him a kiss

He had on a nice blue button up shirt and some khakis.

After that he drive off.

"So what's the good news?" I asked smiling

"Oh today is just a nice day I thought you would like to do something on your lunch break." he said smiling back

Later we pulled up to Chinese place we had our first real date at.

We got to our table and started talking and laughing having a good time.

I took a quick glance at my phone I was 30 minutes over my lunch.

So we left and he drove me back to work as about to get out he looked at me

"My Candy can't go with her candy, he said handing me a small take out box of candy.

I slowly opened it.

"You should look in there you'll like what's inside." he said with a grin on his face

"Whats inside?" I asked smiling back at him

I had a feeling what it was but I stuck my hand inside to the bottom and felt something that was hard like metal

I pulled it out and it was a sliver diamond ring

My eyes grew big as I allowed him to put it on my hand which he held and said.

"Carla Cecelia Montana will you do the awesome honor of being my wife."

He said with a smile on his face.

I was excited and shocked at the same time this wasn't the first time he proposed to me it was actually the second when he asked me to marry him the first time we were in Vegas for the weekend and tried but since his divorce was still pending we couldn't.

But through everything, he's still been by my side, I love him and I know I'm ready to be his wife and start a family.

By the expression I had, he must have felt something was wrong.

"If you're not ready I totally understand," he said looking away

I snapped out it.

"Tristan I love you and I want to.be your wife," I said kissing him.

What did you guys think?

How do you feel about Tristan's proposal?