Chapter 47:Double Crosser

Tristan

My dad's words were still running through my head as I thought about what he told me on Thanksgiving.

"Why do you want me to take over the family business?, I'm not like you I told him.

"That's the point I want you to do a better job than me," he said.

"What's going on?" I asked.

He was silent for a moment.

"Dad, I said actually feeling emotions for him.

He took a deep breath.
"I don't have much time left and I want to get things right before I go," he told me.

"Tell me what's wrong with you," I demanded.

He looked down which surprised me since my dad never came off like this while I was growing up.

"The doctors say I have a brain tumor and it's pretty bad," he said.

Now I looked at the man I despised since my upbringing and felt empathy for him.

"You're just like your mother, " he said with a grin on his face.

I looked at his desk and noticed he still had his wedding photo.of him and my mom she was a beautiful small woman with long brown hair It took everything in me not to cry.

I sighed.
"Ok dad I'll do it, " I said hoping I was making the right decision.
Looking at my parents' wedding photo I pictured me and Carla and us being married and our family.

"I got to go, " I said quickly leaving the room before things got too emotional I didn't use to that with my dad.

I decided to switch back to my original last name Michael. When I was married to Laura my last name was Davis but after everything that happened, I didn't want me or candy to be tied to that name.

Candy and I were finally back home after our marriage trip to Vegas I decided to take some time off since I had vacation days anyway. Candy was back home sleep while I went up to the station and talked to my boss.

When I walked out of his office I saw Sierra in a uniform talking to Jerry off to the side.
What fuck was she doing here?
I quickly tried to make an escape when I heard.

"Hey Tristan." I heard Sierra's voice.

Fuck.

"What are you doing here?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth I couldn't sugarcoat the fact that I don't like her she's sneaky and just something about her is way off.

"I work here now, " she said with the fakest smile ever.

"Oh that's cool well I got to go, " I said trying to get to my truck and leave.

But she followed me still.
"So how is Candy and the babies?" she asked.
"Fantastic, " I said hoping that would get her off my back as I hopped into my truck and pulled off.

"I told you man the bitch is crazy." Damion said over the phone as I was driving home.

"But why would she want to come for me? I asked.

"Just keep your distance she can't be trusted."

"What do you mean?"I asked.

There was a pause.

"What man, " I said.

"Before I tell you I just want you to know..,

"Fuck all of that just tell me." I said cutting him off.

"You remember that box of condoms I had when I stayed with you and my sister."

"Yea what about them?"I said confused.

Where was he going with this?
"I used those same condoms with Trina and she's pregnant."

"What are you saying?"
He sighed.
"I know your smart enough to get what I'm trying to say." Damon told me with a annoyed tone to his voice.

"Just tell me I don't have time to guess stuff."

"I know Sierra did something to the condoms." he told me.

"No, " I said in disbelief.

"Yea man she did who else would." Damion said.

"Well I gotta go,"I told Damion and then ended the call.

I didn't want to believe Sierra did that but then I thought about it Candy is six months pregnant and my birthday was six months ago.
It was weird because I'm happy about my babies but I know Candy isn't going to be happy that her so-called friend not only fucked her brother which she still doesn't know but that she also is the reason she's pregnant even though Candy is happy about the pregnancy she still wanted to get pregnant after marriage.

I quickly turned and went back to the station Damion was right and I didn't want to have to be around Sierra I've decided to quit.