Chapter 9: Change of plans

(Damion pov)
It's been awhile since I heard from candy I was on her side of town doing some business and figured go check up on her.

It was 7 am so I knew she was home probably asleep. I walked up.the stairs and knocked on the door when she opened I noticed she had a surprised look on her face.

"Damion, what are you doing here?, she asked as I walked in.

I told her I was just there to check up on her and she told me that she told Tristan but didn't expect things to turn out the way it did.

After my wife found out what happened she decided to go stay at her mom's house awhile with the kids. I wasn't mad at Carla she's my baby sister.

But her So called body guard that's a whole different situation he had no place talking to my wife about me.

(Candy pov)
I was surprised Damion stopped by and kinda glad he wasn't mad at me but I felt like it was the right thing to do.

After that we started talking and catching up. I asked him about what was going to happen with him and his wife he was purposely avoiding those questions by changing the subject.

"Hey baby you seen my keys?"

I heard Tristan say as he was coming into the room.

Shit.

I stood in between them as they was standing in a fighting stance.

"T your keys are in the kitchen., "I said.

I honestly didn't know if they were there., but I didn't want to risk them fighting plus it was too early for that...

"Well, I'm going back to sleep so.. I said hoping Damion would take the hint. Then Tristan walked out of the kitchen and told me I was right by jiggling his keys.

He surprised me when he walked up and me kissed me and told me he would see me tonight before I had to go to work.

After the door closed Damion just looked at me

"Really you guys are living together now?" he said.

"That's not your business I said getting defensive.

Your moving way too fast with this guy he said shaking his head.

"Look I got this I've always have I told him.

Then he said he had to go and then he left and I felt sick to my stomach and ran to the bathroom. I don't know why but I've been feeling sick lately it had to be stress.

(Lauren pov)
After everything came out about me and Damion I haven't seen or heard from Tristan or him since that night.

As I pulling up to my house coming back from the store I got out and started grabbing bags out of my car when a man in a suit walked up to me

"Are you Laura Michell?" he asked.

Yes, that's me I said.

Then he handed me a big yellow envelope I opened it and it was

Divorce papers...
I was fuming.

(Tristan pov)
Things have been so great lately my boss told me I have a high chance for a promotion so no more paper work.after this Alex case is done.

I haven't heard or seen Laura which is a good thing.

Maybe I'm crazy or something but I've also fell in love with Candy she's beautiful, intelligent, and even though she had rough edges she's actually a soft person. Things been getting better between us.

It was 6:30 pm I got to.get off early tonight as I was walking to my truck I saw Laura standing there.

Fuck

What are you doing here I said
Your divorcing me for a stripper really!? She yelled.

"Look we clearly don't want this so lets just ended it and you can keep the house.

I said I told her to move so I shoved her to the side got in my truck and pulled off she moved her foot in time cause I was tempted to run it over.

As I was driving I called Candy and told her to get dressed I was taking her out to celebrate.