Chapter 2

"Hey, Ms. Genius!"

I heard a familiar voice probably a few meters away from me. I sighed as I held on my bags and books tighter and tried to walk faster towards the senior's building but because of my clumsy ass, I fell face flat on the ground with my stack of books scattering around me before I even reached the glass door of the senior building.

I cursed to myself as I arranged my glasses on my nosebridge.

Kim Namjoon rushed to my aid, "Hey are you oka-" he didn't finish what he said when he made me face him. His eyes widened, "What's wrong?"

What? What's with my face?

"You have a wound on your forehead and a cut on the side of your lip... Plus you have bruises on your arm... And you look sickly pale..."He said, gathering my books, "What happened?"

I didn't say anything.

I felt Namjoon's gaze at me, and I was trying to avoid his gaze. He heaved out a sigh as he finished gathering my books. He went to get something from his backpack.

Namjoon placed a plain yellow jacket on my back, and I looked at him, "Just wear it. You don't want the dean seeing the most outstanding student in this school looking like she joined a gang war or something... Right?"

I wore the jacket that he lent me, trying to avoid his gaze, and then I arranged my glasses. Namjoon just smiled, got my books, and stood up. He offered his other hand to help me up, but I declined and stood up on my own.

When I finally stood up, I immediately felt dizzy so I stumbled a bit, which made Namjoon catch me with his other arm.

"H-Hey, Rajin, have you eaten your breakfast?" he asked, an obvious worried expression painted his face.

Truth to be told, I wasn't able to eat even a single piece of bread last night since I slept on the cold floor of my "dungeon" with my hands and feet cuffed together and I just woke up and then prepared for school, which made me unable to eat my breakfast in which I'm sure wasn't even prepared since my dad told our maids so.

But I immediately stood up straight, and just nodded at Namjoon's question while adjusting my glasses. He pursed his lips for a while and sighed, "Really? Because you look like you've been starved." 

Since our first subject is still 2 hours later, after he placed my stuff on my desk, Namjoon brought me to the canteen. "U-Uh.. what are we doing here?" I asked, "I'm supposed to study-" "You cannot retain new information in your brain if you lack energy. I'm sure you know that, right?"Namjoon interrupted me.

"Well I said I already ate-" "No you didn't."Namjoon interrupted me again, looking at me directly in the eyes, "Whatever's the reason why you're studying like crazy, earn bruises and cuts, then starve yourself, is not worth it. You should eat. Pick whatever you want. Don't worry, I'll pay."

I have no choice. He really wants me to eat. Wow, I've never met a human being this concerned about me.

So I got a bowl of jajjangmyeon, then a tray with two spicy fried chicken thighs with hot gravy, three cups of garlic rice, a bowl of mushroom soup, and kimchi. Namjoon looked at me, "You're eating all of that?" I looked at him with a serious face for a second and then said, "You said you're paying, right?"

He nodded, "Y-Yeah, sure." Then he smiled, and I noticed those deep dimples of him that formed on both of his cheeks.

I just nodded, "Then great, I'll just find a table." I went to find the nearest vacant table at the canteen, and since it is still very early and students in the canteen aren't that many yet, there are a lot of vacant tables in here.