Chapter 4

When I opened my eyes, the back of my head felt very numb and the frontal lobe of my brain had a piercing pain.

I gritted my teeth to handle the pain as I clenched my hands to form fists and then placed my fists at both sides of my head. I stayed in that position while laying down on my bed until the pain died down, and when it did, I never felt this refreshed in my whole life..... I don't know why, maybe because this is the first time that I slept without any worries.

My vision was clear, I almost thought that I was wearing my glasses. I was about to remove my glasses on my eyes when I realized that I didn't even wear them and I probably looked like an idiot trying to remove some non existent glasses on my face.

As I sat up, my head suddenly twitched to the side, and then went back to its normal position.

“.....weird.”I said, and then shrugged as I proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower before going to school.

What has come in my father's senses that he made me act freely?

Whatever it is, I hope that it still stays the same.

After I prepared myself to school, I just wore my glasses since I am not used to going out of my room without them. I went downstairs to eat breakfast and to my surprise, my father was at the dining table, casually reading a newspaper with his breakfast on the table.

He usually leaves early since he's busy with his office work, and I heard that his company has a major project coming up so he's supposed to be very busy right now, but he looks very calm and composed today, which is very unusual from my perspective.

When he saw me going down the stairs, he smiled at me, “Oh, you're already up, Rajin. Goodmorning.” My father said warmly, “Now go take a seat and have your breakfast.”

I did as I was told.

Our maids served us westernized breakfast, so there's pancakes, three bottles of pancake syrup with different flavors, bacon, omelette, and grilled sausages.

I can literally feel my saliva piling up inside my mouth as I witnessed the food served before me.

We ate our breakfast silently, and eating breakfast peacefully with my father brought back  memories with my mother when she was still alive. When I was still in kindergarten or younger, the three of us used to eat in this dining room together, as my parents are talking about my future and all.

I didn't have any friends my age back then, I never went out of our house since I was just homeschooled to learn how to read and write when I was in preschool.

The only friends that I had were my chauffeur, the gardeners, our guards, and the maids in our house.

When I was finished eating, I drank a cup of hot chocolate then bid my father goodbye since I am going to school.

My computer teacher, Mr. Ahn, just stared at me with wide eyes and his jaw dropped. Everyone in the classroom was silent too, and all of them are looking at me with shocked expressions on their faces.

I remained standing, a confused expression painted my face, and I blinked once, “Why sir?” I asked.

It took a while before Mr. Ahn responded, “H-How did you memorize all of that?”

By the way, 5 minutes ago, he jokingly announced to the class that whoever memorizes the program for C++ in programming a questionnaire, he'll give a 100% grade in all projects, quizzes, and exams, and then I just stood up and recited the whole program.