Chapter 15

It was lunchtime, and as usual, Hoseok, Haegi, Namjoon, and I ate together. Haegi knew about my little "disappointment" at Namjoon, so she sat beside me, as Hoseok sat across me and Namjoon sat beside him.

"You really do have a golden voice, Ms. Avenger." Haegi said, opening her lunchbox, "Hey Hoseok, let her join the band." "That's what I said. She can sing with Seokjin."Hoseok said as he opened his lunchbox too, then got his chopsticks. He nudged at Namjoon, "Right?"

Namjoon flinched at his seat, and then nodded, "Yeah..."

I just shrugged and clipped on the noodles then placed them in my mouth.

"How come you never told us that you can sing, though?" Haegi said, "You have that IU voice." "I agree."Hoseok said, his mouth full of grilled squid, "If Jungkook hears your singing voice, he'll flip shit."

I raised an eyebrow, "Who's IU?"

And then information about IU suddenly flashed in my head like a zap, which nearly made me drop my chopsticks. My jaw tensed and I just drank water to calm myself down.

....there it goes again..

"Really? You don't know her? Damn, you must be too focused in your studies, Tony." Hoseok said, "She's a really good singer. Jungkook likes her."

"...oh."I said, nodding. Haegi raised an eyebrow at me, "Hey, Avenger girl, you okay?" She asked me. "You look pale." I nodded, "Of course. I'm okay."

She remained that suspicious look on her face, "You said you're okay." She took a sip on her soda, "Okay."

After a few moments of eating in silence, someone went up to our table, holding a tray of her food.

"Hi, Namjoon!" Jihae greeted cheerfully, which made Namjoon look at her and smile, "oh, Jihae." "Can I sit with you guys? If that's okay with your friends..."She said, looking at us when she said the second sentence.

Haegi cleared her throat, "Don't you have your own friends-" but I tugged on the hem of her uniform which made her stop whatever she's saying and sigh, "Whatever."

"Yeah, sure, you can sit with us if you want, Jihae," Hoseok said, which made Haegi throw him a look. "It's okay, I don't mind." I murmured to Haegi and she just looked at me, "you sure about that?" I nodded.

We just ate together in silence, when Jihae decided to break that, "Hey Namjoon, are you free later? We can be study buddies from now on!" She said. I just didn't mind what she said, hoping that Namjoon would decline.

I looked at Namjoon from my peripheral vision, he paused on eating for a while. I saw him looking at me, but I ignored him and slurped on the soup instead.

Please don't agree please don't agree...

"Yeah, sure." Namjoon said blankly.

Haegi gasped so loudly that made most of the students in the canteen to look at her for a second.

I gathered my things and stood up, "I'm finished eating." I said nonchalantly and left the canteen.

What's up with Namjoon lately and why is he hanging out with Jihae more often than me?

I was back in the comic bookstore, and of course, I am alone again this time since that bastard Namjoon decided to go with Jihae to "study".

Honestly, what is there to study for?

They're just beside the comic bookstore, as usual, and they're talking to each other with ceramic cups on their hands while giggling. That sight made me want to throw rocks at them but I shouldn't be that petty.