Part 27

It was already 11:45 PM in Sunday, and we headed towards the airport. Earlier we just strolled around some tourists spots in Japan while I struggled to take Instagram-Worthy pictures of Haegi, Namjoon, Hyungbae, and Mr. Ahn.

Of course, I'm the only one in this group that doesn't post shit in any of my social media accounts.

Namjoon kept on taking pictures of me while we were strolling around since he said he should take some stolen pictures of his girlfriend or whatever. I told him to "stop taking pictures of me, I'm not photogenic and if you'll take another picture of me, I'll break up with you."

....but I lowkey liked what Namjoon was doing, so I didn't break up with him even he's still taking pictures of me while we're waiting at the departure area.

I was sitting beside Namjoon and he was leaning his head on my shoulder while playing with my hand. I didn't mind him, I just looked at his hand intertwining with mine.

"Uh... I'm still confused. Are you guys on now or..."Hyungbae suddenly asked, which made us face him. Haegi rolled her eyes, "Look at them, do they look just close friends in that situation? Of course they probably started dating....like last night."

"Just for confirmation... you two didn't do anything... too reckless last night, right?" Mr. Ahn suddenly joined the conversation, looking at Namjoon and I.

We immediately shook our heads no, "We didn't." Mr. Ahn sighed in relief, "That's a good thing."

When we arrived at Korea, by the time we went out of the Arrivals exit, Haegi suddenly ran towards Hoseok as they hugged each other like they never seen each other in eons or something.

Namjoon's parents were there, standing beside each other while waving at their son.
Sooyoung was also there, waiting for her brother.

I saw Mr. Ahn standing outside of my car as he smiled at me.

To make things fast, each one of us waved our goodbyes and the rest left, leaving me and Namjoon alone. Namjoon brought me to his parents, and Mr. Kim looked at me with an eyebrow raised, as if he knew all my secrets or something.

"Dad, this is Rajin." Namjoon introduced me to his dad, and Mr. Kim remained that look towards me, "I know. She's the daughter of CEO Hong ."

"...oh.."Namjoon said, and he went closer to me to whisper something on my ear, "Your dad is my dad's boss.." he said.

I mouthed an "oh", and then I bowed a bit. Mr. Kim just nodded lightly as he entered their car.

Mrs. Kim nudged at me, "Don't let him intimidate you, alright, sweetie?" She said as she kissed my cheek, "Take care on your way home."

I nodded, "You too." She just smiled and followed her husband inside the car. Namjoon just left a really quick peck on my lips, "Bye." and then he entered the car as they drove off.

By the time I walked back towards where my car was parked, Mr. So looked at me directly as if I did something horrible.

"What's wrong?"I asked. "In the car." Mr. So said sternly as he went in the driver's seat. I was confused, of course. But I just shrugged it off and entered the car, only to freeze on the spot when I saw the person, other than Mr. So, sitting inside the car.

My father was seating at the front seat, as he looked at me through the rear mirror and smiled, "Hello, Rajin."

I opened my mouth, forcing words to come out; "H-H-Hello, f-father.." I stuttered.

He chuckled, "So are you and Namjoon dating now?" He asked casually, as if he's like some close friend of mine who wants to know about my love life or something, "I saw what he did to you a few moments ago."

.....well shit. I'm dead meat.

After a few seconds, I managed to answer, "Y-Yes, father."

My father nodded, "then that's good."

I was shocked at first, since my gather didn't flip out on me or ordered Mr. So to stop the car and he'll just leave me on the sidewalk, disowning me immediately.

The ride on the way home was silent, and the silence was too comfortable that it made me uncomfortable. It feels so safe that it's fragile that something might go wrong later, maybe after a few hours, minutes, or even seconds.

When we arrived at our house, my father followed me from behind when we entered in the front doors, and I can feel the tension around.

"Rajin, I know you're tired from your flight, but we should talk."My father said from behind, which made me turn to face him and nod, "Sure, father."

"Down there at your study room." He added.

I froze on the spot, and I felt my eyes wide.

....why am I going back there?

"Don't worry, we'll just talk." He says, walking towards the staircase that leads towards my study dungeon. I hesitated for a moment, and then took a deep breath and decided to follow him.

We entered my old study dungeon that hasn't been visited for nearly three months, and the place still looked like what it looked like since I last saw it.

I was at the middle of the room, while my father was at the door where he closed it, and locked it, making sure that nobody can enter.

"Are you hiding something from me, Rajin?" My father asked me, still facing his back towards me.

....what does he mean?

"You and Namjoon... when did you two get together?" He asked. "Last Saturday in Japan."I immediately replied. I heard my father sigh, and then turn to face me, holding his phone horizontally, showing a picture of me singing onstage at one of our gigs. It was a daytime gig, and I ditched Chemisty class for that day only.

My eyes widened, "Father, I-"

I felt a hand slap on my face, making my head turn sideways.

The sound of the impact of my father's hand on my cheek echoed in the room.

The faint ticking of the wall clock was heard around the silent room. I closed my eyes, as I tried to steady my own breathing. My heart is pacing rapidly inside my chest as I let out a shaky breath.

I heard someone slam his hand on the wooden table with such brute force, which made me flinch a bit.

"What did you just do?!"

He asked, basically shouting at me. I faced away from him, still shutting my eyes tight. I heard him mumble a "bitch," then he got ahold of my hair, "Did you ditch your classes just to sell music?"

I didn't respond.

"Answer me! Hong Rajin!"

My very own biological father slammed my head on the wall, and it made me half-conscious. I felt a thick form of liquid running down from my forehead.

"How much did they pay you? Isn't my money enough for you to buy what you want? Why do have to get money from them?"My father asked angrily as he slammed my head on the wall again, as dark spots danced around my vision.

I'm sick of this.

I'm so sick of this.

I felt the grip on my hair got stronger, as he attempted to crush my face right on the wall when someone entered the room and punched my father right on the face.

Even though I could not see clearly, I could tell who the person was by just seeing his silhouette.

A smirk made its way on my lips as I mumbled, "Kim Namjoon," before I passed out.....

.......or so I thought.

_____________

Hiiiiiii sorry for the late and crappy update school started last Monday so yeah.