EPILOGUE

I woke up with a bad feeling in my gut.

Namjoon told me that nothing bad will happen, but I am still not fully assured that nothing bad will really happen.

Right now I am in the living room, watching the live broadcasting of my father's press conference about my existence. I wasn't told to come with him, since they said that it is too dangerous for me if I'll go there too and they're saving me up for the next time.

Namjoon is sitting right beside me, watching the live broadcast too. When my father's face first appeared on the screen, I felt very uneasy I didn't notice that I was squirming and fidgeting on the couch. Namjoon held my hand firmly as he looked at me in the eyes, “It's okay. Dad will be okay.”

The way he called my father "dad" put a grin on my face. I hit his shoulder, which made him scowl, “ouch!” “Are we siblings? Why did you call my father, dad?” I nagged.

Namjoon rubbed his shoulder in pain, “Can't I call my father-in-law dad?”

I felt my face warm, “Oh shut up.”

And this idiot beside me grinned like a monkey as he placed his arms around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him as we watched the press conference.

My father was sitting in front of a microphone, Namjoon's father sat beside him, and father's secretary was sitting beside him too. Cameras flashed at them, as the media bombarded my father with questions.

“Why did you develop a very human-like AI and even registered it as your daughter?” someone asked.

“I'm sorry but my daughter is not just an 'it'. She's a person.” My father said, which made the crowd's chatter even more louder.

"You said that you and your wife had a daughter. Did your newborn daughter die that's why you made an AI and your wife couldn't bear the fact that your real human daughter died and is that the cause of your wife's suicide?"

My father's expression tensed.

I heard the crowd saying: "Answer the question!" a lot of times.

My fists are curling up tightly that I didn't notice them shaking uncontrollably already. Namjoon was holding me back.

Mr. Kim spoke up, “Excuse me, but Mrs. Hong's suicide is confidential and is completely unrelated to the topic.”

“But sir, maybe that is the main reason why Mrs. Hong killed herself.”

The crowd muttered louder. The cameras kept on clicking.

My father was looking down, as if he was hiding something below there that he is contemplating wether to show it to the public or not.

After he let out a sigh, my father showed everyone a flashdrive which made the crowd go silent.

“In this flashdrive, are all the evidences that my daughter has a life, and is not an AI.” my father said, and handed out the flashdrive to a staff so it can be shown into the projector.