Chapter 19

Apparently, I was brought to the clinic since I've got a slightly deep cut on my arm, and it was about four or five inches long. They say it was because of the pocket knife. I didn't even remember how I got that cut and I can't even feel the pain on my arm, but the school nurse is already stitching my arm up.

"Does it hurt?" She asked. I shook my head no. The nurse nodded as she carried on stitching the cut on my arm.

"Your skin is too loose." The nurse said. I looked at her, "What do you mean?" "It's like your skin was just placed there, like it's not biologically developed."The nurse said. I looked at her weirdly, and she just laughed, "maybe I'm just seeing and feeling things. Nevermind." She says, as she carried on dressing up my wound.

I thought about Jihae earlier. She was brought to the hospital in a critical condition.

What made her thought of killing herself? Just because she knew that Namjoon didn't like her? There's probably a much deeper reason behind that.

"You know, what you did earlier to save your friend's life.... that was very heroic." The nurse said, as she dabbed the cotton balls with iodine on my stitched-up skin. My jaw tensed, again remembering the death of my mother, "I just don't want seeing someone kill themselves."

When I went out of the clinic, I saw Hyungbae waiting outside, sitting on one of the waiting chairs outside of the clinic. When he felt that I was already out, he stood up and got something from his backpack.

I eyed him curiously, "What's that?" I asked. He handed me a plain white t-shirt, the shirt we use on our PE class. "Since your uniform is too dirty now, you can borrow my shirt." Hyungbae said. I let out a smile, got his shirt, and patted his shoulder, "Thanks."

"No problem."Hyungbae smiled, his eyes barely visible from his eye smile. "Anyway, shouldn't you be on class right now?" I asked. "Yeah, but I waited for you here, seeing if you're okay.." Hyungbae said. I patted his shoulder again, "I'm completely fine. Thanks for asking."

His eyes darted on the stitched up wound on my arm, "that looks painful.." I shook my head no, "Nah, I can't even feel it." I walked towards the girls' bathroom, "Just get to class, I'll just change my clothes." I said, and Hyungbae nodded, "Sure." And then he left off.

I entered the bathroom, and went inside one of the cubicles to change. I took off my white uniform shirt that is now stained with Jihae's blood, along with my bloody knee-high socks, so I wore my school shoes without any socks on. I wore Hyungbae's gym tshirt, and it oddly smelled like a newly-bought comic book.

.....why am I smelling Hyungbae's shirt?

I immediately snapped out of it, got my dirty clothes and folded them neatly, as I went out of the cubicle and to the sink, where I washed my bloody arms and my face. I dried my face with the shirt that I'm wearing, wiped my glasses, and wore it. I also re-doed my messy hair into a neat high ponytail then I left the bathroom, walking towards our classroom.

When the class ended, everyone went out of the classroom, but not as enthusiastic as the other days, because they are still traumatized on what happened to Jihae earlier.

Even if it's Friday today, everyone is not really happy because of what happened today at school. Students just went with their friends, talking about Jihae's parasuicide earlier with low voices and sad faces.

Haegi and Hoseok went up to me with worried looks on their faces, "Hey, are you okay now?" Haegi asked. I nodded, "I'm completely fine." She looked at me with worried eyes for a moment, then she smiled, "then that's good to hear." "Just call us if you need us, okay?" Hoseok said, and I nodded, "sure." Hoseok just smiled, patted my head, as he and Haegi left the classroom to go home.