Chapter 13

"So... Are you gonna buy that comic book or not?" The girl asked me, motioning at the Thor comic book that I'm holding at the moment.

"Yeah. Why, do you want it?" I asked. "No, I work here... kinda... my brother owns this comic bookstore." The girl shrugged, "Either way, you're paying for that book since it's nearly crumpled now."

She said nonchalantly, "Is that all that you're buying?" She asked. I shook my head, "I'm looking for other comic books too. Can you suggest some?"

"Of course, that's mainly my job in here." She said, "So... you like Marvel stuff?" "I'm trying to know it..." I said. The girl just nodded, "So, what kind of superhero gets your attention?"

"Someone like Iron Man, I guess.."I said. "Oh, billionaire and genius. Do you read DC too, because I would highly recommend Batman and Joker." The girl said, handing me a Batman comic, "Or, do you mean the robot stuff of Iron Man? Here's Cyborg." She said, handing me a Cyborg comic.

"I'll take both." I said, which made the girl smile, "Damn, you must be filthy rich." She said, "Do you want anything more?"

"There are crossover comics, right?"I asked, "Yeah, for now, the most popular is the Infinity War since the movie just came out and a lot of people are just bandwagons who visits the store and doesn't buy shit." She said, "Anyway, do you want that too?"

I nodded. The girl's grin just went wider. "Actually there are six issues of this comic." She said. I just looked at her, "You would make a really good businesswoman someday."

The girl just shrugged, "I know, right? Now, do you want all the six issues or not? No one was rich enough to buy six issues in their first time coming here."

"I'll take those." I said. "Nice." The girl grinned, "And actually you cannot understand the comics if you didn't read the backstory of the characters-"she said, but I interrupted her, "Kid, I can just buy everything from this bookstore today. But I want to keep coming back here so I'll just take it slow, okay?"

She just sighed, "Yeah, you've got a point. But make sure to buy everything from this bookstore, alright?" "Got it." I said. The girl pointed finger guns at me, "You said it."

She led me to the counter, and scanned all the comic books that I bought.

"That's for 102,115.13 won." She smiled. I got my wallet and gave her 200,000 won in full cash.

"Damn, you're really rich." She said, and gave me the change. I looked at the stack of money on my hands, "You gave me an extra 100 won. My change is supposed to be 97,884.87 won."

The girl just looked at me with her mouth hung open, "W-W-Wha— do you have superpowers or something?" She asked. I laughed, placed my index finger on my lips, "shhh..."

"Waa, It's an honor to meet a superhero in real life!" She said, "I am Moon Haru! We go to the same school, based on the uniform that you're wearing. But you must be a senior. I feel so grateful!"

I just looked at Haru. This must be the effect of reading too much sci-fi comics, I guess.

"Well, it was nice knowing you, Haru. But I have to go now."I said, got the paperbag of comic books, and went to my car, where Mr. So was waiting.

I looked at the café where Jihae and Namjoon are in. I wasn't able to give back Namjoon's comic books, so I used this perfect opportunity to ruin their moment.

"I'll just get some coffee." I told Mr. So, and he just nodded. I got the paper bag of Namjoon's comics from the trunk, and went inside the cafe.

They didn't seem to notice me. They are busy focusing on reading our English book. So I went to buy a large sized iced caramel frappe then some chocolate chip cookies then walked towards them.

I see they're reading the page 84 of our book. Gosh, why are they still studying so hard about verbs? It's a first grader thing.

"So Namjoon..." Jihae said, edging closer to Namjoon, while Namjoon just didn't mind that. HE DIDN'T EVEN BACK AWAY. This little shit.

"Hm?" Namjoon asked as he took a bite off the blueberry muffin.

"What are the Transitive and Intransitive verbs again? Could you give me more examples of it? I cannot understand in this book."Jihae pouted.

This sly pancake chest, SHE KNOWS THE MEANING OF THOSE! IT'S A SEVENTH GRADE TOPIC!!!

Namjoon was about to say something, but I cleared my throat,

"A transitive verb is one that is used with an object. It's either a noun, phrase, or pronoun that refers to the person or thing that is affected by the action of the verb. An intransitive verb, on the other hand, has no object." I said, which made Namjoon and Jihae look at me. "R-Rajin—"Namjoon said but I cut him off.

"A great example of an intransitive verb in a sentence is; Rajin is doing great in reading comic books!" I said, and dropped the paperbag on Namjoon's lap, which made him flinch. "The doing in the sentence is the intransitive verb." I said, still looking at Jihae with a smile on my face.

"While a great example of the transitive verb is;  Could you move your flat ass away from Namjoon, please?" I said, smiling.

"Well, I hope that helped your study time."I said, "By the way, you can find the definition of transitive and intransitive verbs at page 85, second paragraph." I said, took a sip on my frappe, "Ciao."

And I left the café with my head feeling hot,

WHATTHEFUCKDIDIJUSTDO????

______________________

This one is a bit short, but ey, we've got a diva Rajin here.