Chapter 8

"You're not mad?"I asked my father as we were inside the car on the way home. My father laughed as he shook his head, "You helped your classmates. I'm proud. But don't do that occasionally, they should not depend on you when they don't know the answers."

I was shocked on what my father said. I seriously didn't expect him to be okay with his child cheating on an exam.

We arrived home, ate our dinner, and dad went back to work because he still wasn't finished with his work and he just timed out to come to my school.

Gosh, did my dad actually just made time for me despite his busy schedule?

"Hey, Tony Stark."

Hoseok's voice was approaching towards me from the back, so I turned back and saw Hoseok walking towards me, a cheerful smile plastered on his face.

"Where's Haegi?"I asked, which made Hoseok shrug, "As usual, she overslept." he looked around, "So Namjoon isn't here yet?"

I shook my head, "No..." then the two of us kept on walking towards the senior building, "Anyway, tonight's your performance at Myeongdong, right?" I asked, and Hoseok nodded, "Yes, and you are coming." "Of course."I said.

"Did your dad cold you for what you've done yesterday?"He asked. I shook.my head, "He didn't, and it really surprised me..."

"Whoa, your dad's cool."Hoseok said, letting out a smirk.

I suddenly remembered the beatings I got from my father.

"You stupid bitch!"

He shouted angrily as he slammed my head on the table and pulled my hair. I was crying, begging for him to stop, but he didn't.

My forehead was numb from the impact, and he slammed me on the table again and again, then he slammed the side of my head this time, making me hear piercing sounds from my ear.

He dragged me from my study desk to the cold floor, and kicked my gut a few times, making me cough out blood.

When he finally stopped kicking me, he heaved out a sigh and spoke,

"Next time, study harder. "

Then he left my study room as I was curling up on the floor, still coughing while tears brimmed in my eyes.