Chapter 9

The crowd cheered as BTS performed onstage. They were the first contestant out of five contestants to perform so everyone is hyped up at their performance.

Seokjin's voice is just breathtaking, to be honest. Hoseok was the backup vocal, as he was harmonizing with Seokjin's voice.

And of course, Haegi was screaming her throat out to show support for her boyfriend's band. Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook are cheering for their friends too, and what shocked me is that Mr. So really did cheer for them.

I just remained sitting on the roof of the car, holding up the LED sign with Namjoon's name on it. Screaming is not really my thing, but I am showing my support to my friends too.

Jungkook handed me a bag of Doritos and I gladly accepted it and started munching on the chips.

I diverted my attention towards my friends' performance, and I solely focused on Namjoon as he was beating the drums, and he looked like he enjoyed performing in front of the crowd a lot.

How I wish I could make music too..

Soon enough, their song ended and we cheered for them, along with the other people in the crowd.

“BTS YOU'RE THE BEST!”Haegi shouted at the top of her lungs, “HOSEOK YOU'RE THE BEST!!!”

“You should just go there---”I suggested, and Haegi hurriedly jumped off the car and squeezed her way towards downstage with Hoseok. The rest of us remained on the car, enjoying other groups' performance too.

...I may sound biased but BTS' performance was the best.

Now the last band has already finished their performance, all five bands are on the stage now, waiting for the results of the contest.

The emcee was standing at the middle in front of the bands, holding the mic with his right hand, flashed out that shiny teethy smile, and held the prompt cards with his left hand.

“Alright, those were such amazing performances, and every band has their own style and uniqueness, it's making me hard to guess who's the winner!”The emcee said with such an overly-enthusiastic tone while maintaining that wide smile.

The crowd cheered, and some people are raising banners of the band that they support or LED signs like this Namjoon sign that I'm holding at the moment.

...what does he mean by it's hard to choose? It's obvious that BTS will win..

“Well anyway, the judges have already decided, and I know that it was hard for them which band to choose too.”The emcee continued, “We just have to choose the winner that will win the cash prize of 1,000,000 won, and the other four groups will receive the consolation prize of 100,000 won.”

“Who's your pick?”The emcee asked the crowd, and people screamed their preferred group, and I heard a lot saying "BTS" which made the corners of my lips curl up into a small smile.

The emcee's smile is still plastered on his face, as he turned towards the groups that are standing behind him, “Well.... The winner is....”

There was a drumroll sound that played as the background music to put up that suspense mood.