Chapter 30

My knees collapsed on the floor as I held unto my hair, trying to pull them out. Tears brimmed in my eyes, attempting to fall. I clenched my teeth, and I felt very enraged and terrified at the same time;

People now knew that I am not human.

It has been three days since I got discharged out of the hospital, and it was already known to the public that I am not a normal human being. And that made a lot of activists put up a rally on basically every infrastructure that my dad owned; the HJJ building, its branches, other businesses that our family owned, and of course, outside of our house.

I can hear the voices of a lot of people and a few loud voices that came from people with megaphones outside of our house, cursing my dad for defying the rules of humanity and they are wising the death of me.

I was in my room, curling up into a ball of sadness and despair as I heard the heavy knocks on the door that was made by Namjoon along with the voices of the people rallying.

“Rajin! Please open the door!”He pleaded as he kept on slamming his hands on the door, and I guess he'll be able to break the door down with his bare hands if he'll kept on doing that.

I didn't respond, I just remained kneeling down on the floor, compressing myself with my hands on my head, trying to find a way to get rid of myself.

Suddenly Namjoon stopped on slamming his hands on the door and soon enough, I heard the clanking of the keys. I immediately got up and jumped on my bed, covering my whole body with the comforter as I buried my head under a pillow.

I heard the door opened, there was silence for a bit. I heard Namjoon sigh, as he slowly approached me.

“Rajin..”Namjoon called out my name, “Don't destroy yourself, please.”

I slowly got up and looked at Namjoon. His expression is soft and comforting, he almost made me think that I'm actually human.

I shook my head, “Why are you still here with me? Aren't you afraid that my system will change and I'll kill you, just like what people say?”

“Bullshit, Rajin!”Namjoon cursed. I can feel his anger, but I don't feel scared or angry too. “I always knew that you were like that but I always remained by your side after all this time! Now you believe what other people are saying about you? What about me? You don't believe what I say? I was never terrified of you because I know that you're human, Rajin!”

Tears started to dwell in my eyes as I kept on shaking my head, “No...no...”

Namjoon was silent for a while, biting his lip out of frustration, then he clicked his tongue, “Okay, I'm sorry for raising my voice, but please. Try to stand up for yourself. If you'll just let them throw shit at you, then they'll just keep on doing that to you until you break. Think about all the hard work your father has put unto while trying to make you human.”

He cupped my cheeks with his hands and wiped my tears with his thumbs, “I'm here for you always, Rajin...” he said and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips on my forehead, appreciating the moment that we're in this room together.

After that very dramatic talk with Namjoon inside my room, I finally went out of my room for the first time in three days. Namjoon and I were at the guest room, where Namjoon is staying at the moment since he wanted to keep an eye on me just in case if I'll try to starve myself to death again.

We were watching some action sci-fi movies in the TV while cuddled up in the same blanket and eating chips. Somehow, I enjoyed this moment.

“Does your parents know that you'll be staying here?”I asked. Namjoon nodded as he munched on some chips, “Of course. Mom even packed me my clothes even though I told her that there's no need but she insisted and dad even brought me here.”

A smile curled on my lips, “That's nice.”

We already watched 4 movies and time passed by really fast. I checked my phone, it's already 12:38 AM. I looked at Namjoon, who is already fast asleep. I was resting my head on his chest, so I heard his slight snores and witnessed the rising and falling of his chest while he was soundly sleeping.

I observed his peaceful face while he's asleep, and I traced my fingers along the edges of his face. “Too bad I wouldn't last..” I said to myself as I stood up and slowly went out of the guest room to the kitchen.

While I was filling a glass of water at the counter, someone walked in front of me, “Rajin,” I heard the very familiar voice of my father.

I looked at him, “Father..”I said,“Did you just arrive from work?” I asked him. He sighed, “Yes.” “How was work?”I asked.

He probably knew what I meant by "how was work?" ; "Did the activists tried to barge in the building and call you a monster again? "

My father just shrugged, “It's the usual. Work is work, I always have to deal with different kinds of people.”

There was a few second of silence and then father immediately broke it, “So you finally decided to get out of your room now.” I nodded, “Namjoon talked some sense in me...” Father smiled, “Namjoon is really good for you. Just tell me when will you two exchange your vows and I'll prepare everything in the wedding.”

I felt my face hot, “F-Father...” “Ah, youth.. I remember the times when your mother and I talked about our future under the stars.”He said as he was probably reminiscing the days when he and mom were on their college days and are planning out their future together.

“I heard Namjoon is staying here.”he said, probably avoiding the topic of his old memories with mom years ago. I nodded, “Yes, he'll be here for a few days, I guess.. Maybe until all these rally and discrimination will die down and pass..”

My father just let out a chuckle, “Even though you're technically a genius, you're still naïve.” I gave him a clueless look while drinking water from the glass. “The activists wouldn't just let this pass. This will be marked in history forever. They'll let me pay the price.” my father continued as he sighed.

“Pay the price for what? Father, you only wanted to let the people whom you love the most live. If anyone has the same intelligence and ability as you, then they would do the same too. You did nothing wrong, father. I wish I knew this before, but you're actually the best father out there.”I said.

My father just let out a sad smile as he ruffled my hair, “Thank you, Rajin.” then he pulled me into a tight hug, “I love you so much..”

I hugged him back, nuzzling my head on his chest, “I love you too, dad.”

_______________________________

It has been a month since I last updated I'm sooooo sorrryyyyyyyy a lot of things came up and I didn't have time to think. Sorry for the crappy chapter too.