Chapter 26

The proctor edged the microphone near her lips as she was about to say the last question to end the contest;

"A seahorse-shaped structure located within the brain and considered an important part of the limbic system. One of the most studied areas of the brain, it functions in learning, memory, and emotion."

Since our team got all the answers in the previous questions, I didn't answer immediately since I wanted to give other teams their chance.

Namjoon beside me was thinking deeply, probably on what's the answer to that question. I looked at Hyungbae and Haegi, and they have the exact facial expression as Namjoon.

I looked at every member of our opposing teams, and they all looked silent, probably recalling their reviews before this contest started.

Dude, this exact description in the question was located at the page 539, 3rd paragraph, fourth sentence of Dr. Styleran's Know Your Brain book. That book was mentioned in the bottom of page 276 of our Biology book!

I sighed, and I placed my hand on the bell, making the ting sound echo through the hall.

Everyone looked at me, my groupmates looking at me with gleams in their eyes.

"Yes, Seoul National High?" The proctor asked. I edged the microphone on my mouth, "Hippocampus."

"That is correct!" The proctor said, and the crowd cheered, "Seoul National High wins the 2018 East Asia Science Quiz Bee!"

All of my groupmates stood up, and they made me stand up too, as they hugged me, or maybe they are trying to squish me into a pulp, I don't know.

"YOU'RE SUCH A GENIUS!"Hyungbae said, hugging me while he was jumping around. "YOU REALLY SAVED OUR BUTTS THERE! I GOT A MENTAL BLOCKOUT!" Haegi added, squirming while hugging me. "Atleast we won the contest." Namjoon said, doing the same thing Haegi and Hyungbae are doing to me, "I really thought that the answer was Hypothalamus.."

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, "No way. Hypothalamus links the nervous system to the endocrine system via the pituitary gland while the Hippocampus is associated with memory.... well long term memory, to be precise."

Namjoon "pff"-ed, "Yeah, whatever, Ms. Genius."

We had lunch at another Japanese restaurant, but we ordered more food this time, since we won the contest.

On the table there were Karaage, Tempura, Sushi, Sashimi, Tonkatsu, shabu-shabu, and each one of us had our own bowl of ramen. I had a huge bowl of spicy seafood ramen with soft noodles.

Just looking at the food that we were about to consume, my senses are tingling and I can feel saliva piling up in my mouth.

The contest earlier drained me up. I am really hungry.

Mr. Ahn clasped his hands altogether with a huge smile plastered on his face. "Again, Congratulations for winning the contest earlier! You've made your country proud." He said. The rest of us just smiled. Mr. Ahn sighed, "Anyway, let us dig in!"

And so, we began eating our food.

As I was eating my own bowl of Tonkatsu on fried rice, Namjoon placed his piece of Tonkatsu on my bowl. I paused on eating and looked at him, he just carried on eating. I just smiled a bit and resumed on eating my food.

"Hey, Hyungbae-ah, eat more." Mr. Ahn said, placing three pieces of karaage on Hyungbae's bowl of fried rice. I saw Hyungbae's face flush a bit as he bowed, "Thank you, sir." And then he kept on eating.