Chapter 29

"Finally, Rajin, you're awake!" Haegi exclaimed as she hugged me tightly, that I thought she might squeeze the life out of me. “Ooookay, I'm grateful that you're glad to see me alive but- you're squishing me pretty bad.”I squeaked inside of Haegi's tight bear hug.

Haegi immediately let go of me, “Sorry, your ribs might still be broken since you got hit by a car five months ago.”She said.

I raised an eyebrow, and looked at Namjoon. Namjoon just nodded, as if I should just go with the flow.

He might've told them that I got into a car accident, that's why I'm in a coma for five months straight.

A chuckle escaped my lips, “Y-Yeah, my bones are still mending.”

“You have really fast reflexes, though. You're basically a superhuman. Why did you got hit by the car, Tony Stark?”Hoseok asked as he placed the basket of fruits beside my bed. Haegi hit his shoulder which made Hoseok scowl, “Avenger girl's still human too.”Haegi said.

“Anyway, only Hoseok and I are just able to come by since Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung are at school, Jin and Yoongi hyung were away for awhile and they just got the news, and I don't know about Hyunbae-”Haegi said but was interrupted by someone who just entered the room, panting.

Hyunbae wiped his sweaty forehead with the sleeve of his coat, “Oh my gosh Rajin, you're finally awake!” he said cheerfully, and he held up a bunch of Violets as he approached and gave me the flowers. I smiled, receiving the flowers, “Thank you. Violets are really beautiful.”

Namjoon scoffed, “Psh. If I just knew that Rajin would wake up yesterday, I would've brought a garden of violets in this hospital room. Don't score a point on my girlfriend, Hyunbae.” Hyunbae just chuckled and shook his head, “Not because I got dumped by Ahn Jaehyun last month, I'll just steal your girl.”

My eyes widened and I just let out a really loud gasp, “WHAT?”

“Apparently, Ms. Sleeping Beauty, while you were having your beauty rest for five months, Mr. Ahn and Hyunbae started to go out after we graduated highschool, which is like... Three months ago.”
Haegi said, “And they broke up last month.”Hoseok added. “Hyungbae is bi, by the way.” Namjoon pointed out.

.....well damn, I missed out a major happening.

“Was there anything else that I missed for five months that I was out?”I asked. “Haru and her family moved away, but their comic bookstore is still there. Only some strangers are managing the shop, though.” Hoseok said. A frown made it's way on my face, “Where did they go?”
They just shrugged their shoulders.

“And also, we stopped playing in the band.”Namjoon added.

“What?”I asked, obviously shocked.

Their band was like the most important thing to them, and they all did their best in every of  their performances. I don't know why can they just let that go.

“Yeah. We've decided to focus on our studies more, and if we'll get the chance to perform again, then we would, but we should know our priorities.”Hoseok said.

Haegi looked impressed on what her boyfriend said.

It was a sad thing that they stopped playing in their band, but I guess we should just move on sometimes.

It was the day that I got discharged at the hospital. My dad came by earlier, but he left early since he will handle a very important emergency meeting. The others were busy today, so only Namjoon was there with me.

Everytging seemed normal, at first, but by the time I stepped out of the hospital doors, someone threw an egg at me, but I managed to slap it away, preventing it to hit me. Apparently, I still have fast reflexes..

Namjoon immediately pulled me closer to him, “What are you doing?!” he asked angrily at the middle aged woman who threw the egg at me. The woman was with a group of people that looked like they're having a rally or what. I was confused too, but I pulled Namjoon's shirt a bit, “Let's just go..”

“WE DON'T WANT TO TREAT A ROBOT AS A NORMAL HUMAN BEING!”The woman yelled.

The woman's group held out signs saying; "ROBOTS DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE TREATED A HUMAN!" "HUMANS SHOULD NOT BE GOD. HUMANS CANNOT DEVELOP A HUMAN BODY WITH TECHNOLOGY. IT IS A SINand so on, and so forth.

My eyes widened, how did they know?

Security guards immediately shooed those people away, as Namjoon just led me to my car, where Mr. So was waiting for us.

We entered the car, and I was still shocked on what I experienced.

“Do I really deserve to live?”I asked.

“Yes, you do. Don't mind them..”Namjoon said, holding my hand tight. “But I am not huma-” "Don't say that. You are. They just don't understand it.”Namjoon interrupted.

“The news spread like wildfire earlier. Apparently, someone barged in Mr. Hong's office and gathered the files of Rajin then exposed it out to the internet.” Mr. So said as he was driving.

“Who was this someone that did such thing?” Namjoon asked. Mr. So sighed, “It was the vice president of the company. He wants to get rid of Mr. Hong so he went to find some mistakes in Mr. Hong's part. And the making of Rajin's mom and Rajin really did lit up the fire.”

We were silent in the car. I can really feel my genetically modified heart thumping inside of my genetically modified ribcage.

What happens to me now?

__________________________

Hi guys sorry for the very late update and the crappy short chapter. I was having a major block and I don't know how to end this. (Next chapter is the epilogue, though. I'm sorry.) School was a hassle so yeah. I'm sorryyyyyyy