Chapter 3

I was casually reviewing a Chem textbook for who-knows-how-many times already while sipping on a can of cold rootbeer inside our classroom. Ms. Sok, our Chemistry teacher, was absent today due to severe allergies, so we were told to study our previous lesson since she'll probably give us a quiz tomorrow.

But my classmates are smart enough to know that severe allergies doesn't fully heal overnight.

So they went to take out their phones and play with it. Some went out to buy something to eat at the canteen.

Only I in this classroom did what the teacher told us to do, not because the teacher told us to do this, but because if I take out my phone, I have no games to play in there, and I'm not really a huge fan of social media so I never posted anything in my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram... Well except for what I've studied, or teachers tagging me in their photos when I went to compete on a national quiz bee or something...

In short, I'll be too bored to play with my phone, so I took out this book that I read for a lot of times now, and will read it again.

"Hey, Ms. Genius."

Namjoon disarranged a chair and sat in front of me, placing a cheeseburger on my desk. I gulped, since the aroma of that food made my stomach growl. "You hungry yet?"Namjoon asked, and I shook my head. That made Namjoon chuckle, "Your face says otherwise."

He pushed the cheeseburger towards me, "You can have that." "Really?"I asked, my eyes probably gleaming in delight, and Namjoon nodded, "Yeah."

I placed my book down and started eating the cheeseburger that Namjoon gave me.

It's nice to have Namjoon as your friend. He gives you food.

"Hey, smartasses." Hoseok sat on his seat beside me, munching on some chips. Haegi immediately went towards us to get some chips from Hoseok, and then left.

"Yoongi-hyung told me that we'll have a practice later for our gig on Friday."Hoseok said, and placed a piece of potato chip in his mouth.

I raised an eyebrow, "Gig? So... what are you guys doing?" "We're in a band." Namjoon answered. My eyes widened, "Band? Like... performing at night bars or some occasions?"

"Yep."Hoseok nodded proudly, "I'm the bassist, Namjoon is the drummer, Yoongi-hyung plays the keyboard, and Seokjin-hyung plays the electric guitar. He's also the vocalist. You probably don't know those last two guys that I mentioned, but yeah. They're part of the band."

Namjoon is performing in a band and is still doing well in his studies? I am very amazed.

"If Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook are already 18 years old then we'll have more members to do gigs at night."Namjoon said. "Are they still Juniors?"I asked. Namjoon nodded.

"So how can you balance performing and studying? Does your parents know about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, they were even the ones who told me to form a band. I don't really spend a lot of time just studying or just making music. I know how to limit things on both sides." Namjoon said. "Whoa." I said, arranging my glasses then munched another bite at the cheeseburger.

"Do you want to come to our practice?" Hoseok asked me. "I mean... you can't really stay up late there, just watch us practice for a while." he added.

I sighed, and shook my head, "I would love to, really. But my father is really strict."

"Oh, that's okay."Namjoon said, smiling reassuringly.

But they're in a band. There's music. I really want to see a live band performing. I've never seen any musical instrument in person.