Chapter 17

Our homeroom teacher, Mr. Dee, looked at us with a smile on his face, "I got the results of your summative tests, and I've got two good news!"

"First, is that all of you had passed!" Mr. Dee said cheerfully. The whole classroom cheered, and some of my classmates patted me on the back, mumbling, "Thank you Rajiiiiiiiiiinnnn~" because I saved their butts earlier. We didn't got caught this time, and my classmates didn't give Jihae an answer since they don't want her to flip her shit out on me again.

I'm grateful to have these kind of classmates.

"Second, is that the principal has chosen the top 5 students of our class, to participate in an international quiz bee for Science in Tokyo!"Mr. Dee announced, and our classmates cheered.

"Rajin, Namjoon, Jihae, Haegi, and Hyungbae..." Mr. Dee said, "Please stand up."

And so we did. "The competition will be held next month, so you should prepare yourselves." Mr. Dee said, "You may sit down now."

So we did as we were told.

I've been in a lot of international quiz bees, but I always went alone everytime. This is the first time that I am with a group of people, so this will not be a typical trip to Japan next month.

After class, of course Namjoon and Jihae are with each other again. I spotted them talking in a corner of the hallway inside a janitor's closet that was opened a bit so I can see them both, and both of them looked too serious. Namjoon was crossing his arms on his chest with his eyebrows scrunched together. I can't see Jihae's face since she's facing her back towards me, but I can tell that she was looking down while her hands are behind her back.

I hope they're breaking up. MWAHAHAHAH

I paused on my tracks, looking at them while murmuring to myself, "you're gonna break up, you're gonna break up..." multiple times.

But then suddenly Namjoon's facial expression softened, then Jihae looked up towards him, then she stood on her tiptoes and kissed Namjoon right on the lips with her arms wrapped around his neck.

And at that moment, I felt my whole world collapsed. I remained frozen in that position, standing up, one hand holding the strap of my backpack and other hand holding my Physics textbook.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and let me face the other way.

"It must hurt, right?"

I looked at the person whose arms is around my shoulders at the moment, and saw Do Hyungbae, smiling down at me. I immediately went out of his grip, "a-ah, W-What do you mean?" I asked, went towards my locker while arranging my glasses. I immediately wiped the tears forming at my eyes before Hyungbae sees it.

Hyungbae went beside me, "well you were literally standing in the middle of the hallway while looking at something so I got curious." He leaned his back at the locker beside mine and sighed, "So you like Namjoon, right?"

I felt my cheeks warm, "No."

"Really? Is that why you were in the verge of bawling your eyes out in the middle of the hallway earlier?" Hyungbae asked with a grin on his face. I closed my locker and sighed, "oh shut up." I said and started to walk away.

But of course, Hyungbae followed me. "What do you want?" I asked in an irritated manner, "Whoa there, missy. I just wanted to make friends." Hyungbae said, "Since we're going to Japan next month, I'm trying to get to know the four of you. I already am friends with Haegi, but I'm not that close to Namjoon and Jihae... and especially you. You seem so distant from everybody."