Chapter 3

The sound of a blow drier woke me up. Why is Harry up so early? I pulled the pillow over my ears to block out the sound but it didn't work. I groaned opening my eyes that were soon met with disappointment as they roamed the dorm. I wasn't at Harry and I's home anymore. I wasn't with Harry. I was in a college dorm in New York.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and my twitter, instagram, and every other social media site were blown up with notifications. Every post was about me leaving Paris in tears. Some fans even managed to get videos from the airport.

Some were overjoyed we broke up, some were sad, and some were just confused. I also had texts from everyone asking how my flight was and if I was remotely okay. I replied to them all telling them I wasn't the best but that's heartbreak for you.

"Oh you're up" A blonde walked out of the bathroom. Is that..

"Ash?" She was like a different person. Her hair didn't have the turquoise at the bottom and it was pin straight not like her usual wild waves. She was wearing flats and high waisted shorts that are actually conservative along with a white t shirt. And the only makeup she had one was mascara.. Did she have some major transformation while I was gone?

"Hey Emily" She smiled at me grabbing her book bag.

"You look different"

"Yeah there was this big fight with my parents and they threatened to pull me out if I kept partying so I decided it was time for a change. I'd love to chat but I'm meeting my boyfriend at Starbucks before class. Bye see you later" She waved then left the dorm. Boyfriend? Who would have ever though Ash would have a boyfriend and I wouldn't? Guess now would be a good time to go look for a job. I tiredly sighed falling back onto the mattress accidentally falling asleep.

****

My eyes flew open from the usual nightmare of Harry yelling at me. Tears stung the corner of my eyes thinking how a week ago Harry and I were the perfect couple and now we're nothing. Minutes later I was crying my eyes out in my bed. It hurt so bad. He hates me now.

My emotions are so torn because I'm angry because he's an idiot for thinking I don't love him but I just want him back. I needed an escape. I am not going to sit here crying my eyes out over him. I ran my fingers through my hair not caring how it looked and slipped white skinny jeans on and a tank top. I borrowed a pair of Ash's black six inch heels shoving them on my feet.

My eye caught the alarm clock on my nightstand that read 5:30. Wow way to waste a whole day sleeping. Oh well. Tears continued splashing on my gray tanktop as I ruffled my hair in the mirror. I looked like shit. Even though it was late in the afternoon I slipped on a pair of sunglasses to cover up my puffy eyes.

I stuffed my fake ID,credit card, and phone in my pocket then walked out of the dorm not worrying about makeup because I'd cry it off later. As I walked outside paparazzi swarmed me.

"Emily why are you back in New York?"

"Did you and Harry breakup?"

"Where are you going?"

"Can you all just shut the fuck up?" I yelled not caring about my language because management can't say anything since I quit.

"Did Harry cheat on you back in February?" Another one asked flashing the cameras at me.

"Yes he's a cheating liar now leave me alone!" I pushed my way through to get to a taxi.

"Were you faking the relationship?"

"No! Screw all of you" I rapidly waved for a taxi and soon one pulled up and I climbed in to get away from them.

"So you famous or something?" The driver asked.

"My boyfr- exboyfriend is. Can you drive me to the nearest bar?"

"Sure who's you ex?"

"Harry Styles" I mumbled.

"Sounds like an asshole" I chuckled nodding. The rest of the ride was silent and I paid the man before stepping out and entering the bar. My tall heels clicked against the wood floor as I pulled out a stool.

"What can I get for you miss?" A man probably a few years older than me asked.

"Vodka please"

"Straight?"

"Yes" I answered in a 'duh' tone.

"ID?" I pulled it out and showed him. He nodded in approval then filled a glass with vodka and handed it to me. I brought it to my lips and as it made its way to the back of my throat it burned a lot. I started coughing in disgust and the bar tender looked over at me with a smirk.

"Do you want me to mix it with something?"

"Yeah coke will be fine" He added coke in it and this time around was much more pleasant.