Chapter 25

EMILY'S POV

I impatiently waited in line for my coffee. The girls had already gotten theirs so now they were just waiting on me. I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. I looked around and everyone seemed to be minding their own business.

I kept looking at the time on my phone because I was tired of standing here. Finally the woman that was taking so long to order in front of me got her drink so it was my turn to order.

"I'll have a skinny vanilla late" I swiped my credit card and waited for my drink to finish being made. A little bubble of excitement crept in my stomach when the warm cup was finally in my hands. I've waited so long for this..

As I pivoted on my heel I bumped into the man standing behind me. Jeez ever heard of personal space. My drink spilt all over his white shirt and stung my toes that were revealed from my simple sandals.

"I am so sorry" I immdieately grabbed napkins and focused on the coffee on the floor. The man helped too thankfully because it was quite a big puddle.

"It's okay don't worry about it" It was him. I didn't think it was possible but it was definitely his voice. My whole bodywas frozen as I looked up to see if I wasn't just hearing things. His perfect face came into view and our eyes met after so long.

He seemed just as shocked as I was. His eyes were lined with light dark circles as if he hadn't been happy in so long. I prayed I wasn't the reason for that. After a few more seconds that felt like an eternity something in his eyes changed.

Like any hope he had shut down. He broke the eye contact we shared and contiued cleaning up the steaming coffee. I swallowed the lump that was starting to form in my throat and looked at the ground. With the help of others the mess was cleaned up in seconds and Harry immediately stood up and walked to the other side of the room where a blonde was waiting.

I should have known. That must be his new girlfriend. I realized I was staring at him and still sitting on the floor so I had to get up now. The lady said something about getting me another drink and I just nodded but never stopped looking at him. He got a little taller, maybe just an inch or two but he still looked as good as he did three years ago.

He looked over to me and we made eye contact for another brief second before he turned away and continued talking to the girl. He looked miserable as I could tell she was bitching about something. Maybe that was who I felt staring at me.

"Emily what are you-" Monet's voice filled my ears and once she saw who I was looking at. "What is he doing here?"

"I-I don't know"

"Did you talk to him?" I shook my head no as I continued to observe him and the girl. Every two seconds he would look over at me but I didn't care if he thought I was weird for staring too long.

"Mam here's your drink" I took my attention off Harry and thanked the lady before grabbing my drink not spilling it this time. I followed Monet to their table and took  seat. Our table was directly across the room from Harry's and where I was sitting I got a full view of him. All he had to do was look up and he would be looking straight at me.

"Oh my gosh why is he here?" Emerson whispered.

"I don't know" Sydney answered.

"What happened over there at the cash register?" Monet asked.

"He was standing so close I bumped into him and spilt my drink all over him" I answered sipping my new cup sneaking small glances at him.

"Lovely. Are you going to talk to him?" Sydney asked.

"Maybe. He seems..mad at me"

"Well you did just leave..." Emerson reminded and I glared at her.

"Not helping"

"To make you feel better he keeps looking over here" Monet said.

"I want to talk to him but I don't know how"

"Em you guys used to be inseperable and now you can't even talk to him?" Syd asked.

"He looks so..intimidating being 6 foot and all"

"He's Harry Styles he isn't intimidating" Emerson said with a duh tone. We continued talking about him until the girls left by one to meet up with either their boyfriends or someone who was visiting. Now I was just sitting at a table alone with an empty cup of coffee.

I stared at the patterned case on my phone until someone pulled up a chair. I looked up and saw Harry.

"H-Hi" I nervously said.

"Hey" That's it? That's all I get? Well you did leave him...

"What are you doing in New Orleans?"

"Elizabeth's sister graduated from UNO yesterday so we flew in"

"Oh me too"

"You graduated yesterday?" I nodded and he just looked confused.

"How come I didn't see you?"

"You probably just didn't recognize me" A heavy silence fell between us and I noticed the girl he was sitting with wasn't there anymore. "Is Elizabeth your girlfriend?"

"Not anymore. She broke up with me like two minutes ago because I kept staring at you" I chuckled at him.

"Really? I'm sorry"

"No she was bitch anyway"

"Then why were you dating her in the first place?"

"To get over you. It didn't work" I was caught off guard by this. He still isn't over me..?

"Harry-"

"That doesn't mean I'm not mad that you left like that" A pang of guilt hit me and I went back to looking at my phone.

"I'm sorry"

"Can we go somewhere less public?" I nodded and we left Starbucks to go to my apartment.