Chapter 21

EMILY'S POV (before she leaves)

I wrapped the towel around my body stepping out of of the shower and quickly walking back to my dorm. Thankfully Ash was at Michael's so I could leave without any distractions. I quickly changed into a pair of nike shorts and a tank top since it's still hot in October where I'm going.

I pulled out all five of my suitcases and started throwing all my things into them. Tears continually streamed down my face because I knew I was leaving everyone I cared about behind so I couldn't hurt them anymore. I could start over where people don't know who I am or at least won't recognize me. Once I was finish packing I grabbed a pair of Ash's scissors and went into the bathroom.

I dug through the cabinet under the sink for the dye and found what seemed like a good shade of dark brown. I carefully cut the ends of my long blonde hair trying to make it it as even as possible. It was now shoulder length.

I took the wet ends of my hair that were now in the sink and put them in tiolet paper throwing them away so Ash wouldn't notice. Next I started applying the dye to my hair not missing a spot. Once the time was up I washed it out in the sink. I was now a brunette.

I dried it and it actually turned out pretty decent. I left the bathroom and began writing two separate letters: one to Brandon and one to Ash. My heart was pained as I imagined them reading these. I pulled out a notepad and pen and began writing.

Dear Brandon,

You are definitely someone I will never forget. I'll never forget when you had to help me at the airport and how we instantly clicked after that. I'm sorry I left for tour and never called and I'm sorry I'm doing it again. But this time is different. I'm not coming back. I'm changing my number and my appearance so no one will be able to recognize me but I really need to get away from the drama in my life. You were right. Louis did like me and when he came back he took me out on a date and asked me to be his gilfriend. Well I said yes forgetting about the problems that would occur. We were on E News last night and it was crazy. My sister and all of my friends saw it too and now I feel like they all hate me so I need a new life. Thank you for helping me get over Harry with being my friend with benefits. I hope you can move on with someone else or maybe you and Lauren will find your way back to each other. Well it's about 4 am and I have a plane to catch. I hope you have a good life:)

Love,

Emily

My tears stained the piece of paper and I moved on to Ash's. Hers was more painful because our friendship was on a deeper level and she knew what happened between Harry and I. I know he's going to come looking for me and I don't want to think about his hurt expression when he finds out that I'm gone. I left Ash's note on her neatly made bed then made my way across campus to slip Brandon's under his door.

Before going back to my room I walked a couple of blocks to the sprint store that was thankfully open 24 hours. I was greeted by an older man sitting behind the desk.

"Hi mam how can I help you?"

"I want to change the number on my phone"

"No problem. Any specific number you need to change it to?" I shook my head no handing him my phone. He nodded plugging it in to his computer. Aftr about five minutes of tapping away at the keyboard he copied my new number down and handed me the slip of paper.

"Alright that will be $15" I handed him my credit card and I immediately started memerizing it as I thanked the man and walked back to my dorm. It was officially 4:45 and I haven't slept at all. I'm surprised I haven't collapsed yet.

Slipping on my hoodie and sunglasses on I gave my room one last look. I called one of the workers to come help me with my bags. Thankfully they work the whole night in case new college students arrive with tons of bags or in my case, leaving with a ton of bags.

Momentarily they were knocking at my door and the young man helped me with my suitcases. He didn't say much because it was late and we were both tired. I managed to hail a taxi after ten minutes of nothing. The driver was nice enough to help me load my bags into the trunk. I told him to go to the airport and within of smooth driving without the usual traffic we arrived.

I got one of those cart things to help me with my suitcases and after I went through the whole process of getting my luggage set in the plane and going through security check I got my plane ticket. I pulled my laptop out of my back pack that carried all my electronics and googled good priced apartments.

The flight didn't leave for another hour so I had time to kill. As I searched and scrolled I came across a vacant apartment that had one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room with a very good price. I saved the owner's number and sent her a quick email about how I was interested.

I can't believe I was actually running away.

•••••••••••••

hope you guys liked the last few chapters i spent literally all day writing them lol.

READ COMMENT VOTE

-katherine:)