Chapter 5

HARRY'S POV

Management has done it's best to convince me Emily was just using me but Rayne had washed every cynical comment they fed to me and I knew it was the biggest idiot on the planet. Or the universe. I just want to see her and tell her I'm sorry.

I impatiently ran off the plane that had just landed in hopes of getting to her as quickly as possible. All I brought was a simple bag with a t shirt and my other pair of jeans. It was around midnight in New York and the city lights lit up the streets.

I hailed a taxi quickly before people started recognizing me and thankfully one stopped letting me get in. The driver made eye contact with me and seemed confused.

"Are you by any chance Harry Styles?"

"Yes..why?"

"Because your ex was in my taxi yesterday. She sounded pretty upset. I'm guessing you're here to see her?" Well okay then.

"Um yeah how'd you know that? Like that we're broken up" I awkwardly asked.

"Because the paparazzi were following her and I asked if she was famous and she said her ex was then I asked who it was and she said Harry Styles. My little sister is a big fan so that's how I recognized you" I nodded trying to process this new information. "So where do you need to go?"

"New York University" The ride from the airport was a long drive but I just thought of what to say to because now she probably really hates me. I wouldn't blame her if she did though. It's just one of those things like how could a person so amazing love you and you're so afraid they're going to break up with you so you slip up and ruin everything anyway. I'm so stupid.

I told that to myself for the remainder of the ride until we arrived on campus. I paid the driver and ran out of the taxi and climbed the stairs up to her dorm. I froze at the sound of giggles an looked up to see Emily with another guy.

I've never felt so confused, sad, and angry all at the same time. I could tell she was drunk as the guy that looked about 6 feet tall held her thighs around his waist pushing her up against the wall of the dimly lit hallway. She was wearing a black dress that was so skin tight and short that it threatened to rip if she opened her legs any further.

Her long black heels dangled at her feet as she pulled that guy closer to her eliminating any space between them. The blonde hair that I've grown to love was falling off her shoulders in messy tangled waves. I watched the boy moved her head to the side roughly sucking on her neck.

I could tell by her moans she was in pain but the guy continued probably for his own damn pleasure. I couldn't stop staring no matter how hard I tried.

"Brandon.." That fucking bastard. I knew it. My anger faded as their lips locked I felt the same pain Emily did when she saw Sophia and I together. That pang in your heart causing you to lose every ounce of air in you lungs. Wanting to tear you eyes away but not being able to. You can't move. Every fiber in your body is frozen.

The blood in your veins turns icy and you're covered with goosebumps. The tears in my eyes fell down my cheeks slowly torturing me with the salt stinging my eyes. She planted her feet on the ground and drunkly fumbled with the knob of her dorm.

I watched as he slipped off his shirt and was forcefully pulled into the room. Jealousy fumed off of me like smoke on a cigarette clenching my hands by my side. I wanted to storm in there and stop them but my feet were glued to the ground. The image of them so close and intimate made me sick but continued to replay in my head.

That should be me unzipping her dress feeling her warm skin pressed against mine telling her how much I love her and kissing her every place I can but it's not. I'm standing on the steps lost of breath wanting to cry and kill him at the same time.

My knees gave out and I fell on the stairs. I pulled my weak body up sitting on the cold stairs with my head in my hands. I just feel like I want something so bad but I know once I try to reach for it, it will blow up in my face.

Once Emily will see me her eyes will turn from warm and comforting to hating you. It's the worst look anyone could get from a person. Especially after you just fucked up big time. I could see it in her eyes that night we fought.

She looked defeated and she didn't know what do. Like in those alien movies where the boy gets possessed and the girl that's so deeply in love with him tries to bring him back to reality but he's under another's control.

She walks away from her loved one knowing he's already gone. She's sad and angry at the world for this but she finds a way to move on. But what happens when the boy wakes up from the trance? She doesn't love him anymore.

That's how I feel. Management did brainwash me into believing something so ludicrous that I pushed away the one person he could. I was hurt that I thought she never loved me but I forgot all the times we made love and loved each other.

A person simply just doesn't fake that for publicity. I can't believe I'm such an idiot. I just didn't want the fans to think we were fake. I didn't want my reputation to be crushed if people though Emily and I were fake.

I just lost control. I picked my job over her. I chose the fame over her. I let her slip through my fingers when she desperately tried to hold on. She gave me so many chances and I continued denying her love. Now I'll never get her back.