Chapter 34

"Guys I just don't know what to do" I complained for the thousandth time to the three girls sitting in my living room trying to reassure me that everything will work itself out but what if it doesn't?

"Emily please stop worrying" Monet said.

"Yeah it will work itself out we promise" Sydney had so much confidence in her voice it rubbed off on me and made me forget about the problem for now. We decided to watch Mean Girls because it's what we'd always watch together to get our minds off of things.

****

After the movie we ate pizza then eventually slept the majority of the day. I woke up around noon and decided to take a long shower to wake up and get ready for the day. By the time I got out I noticed the apartment was picked up and the girls were gone.

I lounged around till it was dark and I realized I pretty much wasted my whole day. It's been a good three hours since I got out of the shower and saw that my friends had left. I still didn't know why they left and where they went. I texted all three of them multiple times but never got an answer.  I saw a neon sticky note on the couch and I'm really surprised I didn't notice it earlier. The note read:

Sorry Em we had to leave so suddenly. We forgot about this meeting for work and had to hurry up and leave. Don't miss us too much! :) -Monet, Sydney, Emerson

Well now I'm alone with nothing to do. I walked into my small kitchen to make some coffee and when I looked inside the empty keurig machine there was another note that said.

Wear the outfit hanging up in your bedroom and check your mailbox downstairs.

I looked around for any sign of Harry but saw none. Could this be a creepy stalker or my friends playing a trick on me. I suspiciously walked into my bedroom and saw a red dress with spaghetti straps and a beaded sash around the waist. There was a gold charm necklace and a matching bracelet on the hanger and a black pair of pumps were neatly placed under the dress.

Okay this must be Harry doing something because none of this is mine. I followed what the note said and changed into the beautiful red dress. I must be going somewhere fancy if I'm wearing something like this so I decided to curl my hair and do my makeup a little bit more than the average every day look.

After getting ready for this mysterious note game I grabbed my phone and went downstairs in the lobby and looked in my mailbox and saw what looked like an invitation.

You are formally invited to the opening of the seaside restaurant where there will be a table for two waiting for you under the stars. Don't be late.

I didn't think Harry could get any cheesier. Apparently he can. I took a taxi to this new restaurant and had to find out some information about it considering I had no idea there was a new restaurant being opened. Once I understood that it was going to be a very fancy place overlooking the river and it was escially beautiful at night because of the classical lights hanging over the patio.

I can't wait to see it. Once we pulled up I paid the driver and stepped out and admired the place. It was amazing.

"Hello mam you must be miss Emily" A lady in uniform walked up to me.

"Yes that's me"

"Perfect. Follow me" She lead me through the building and then what looked like the back patio. I saw Christmas lights hanging over it giving it such a romantic look. In the center there was one table that was already set up with untensils and wine glasses.

"Your date will be arriving soon but for now you can look at the menu" She handed me a menu and my eyes skimmed over each food item that seemed appealing to me. Although under the desserts section there was a handwritten note.

Through all the dances, concerts, and dates you and I have been on there is one special day I want you to be all mine. Will you, Emily Anne Robin, accompany me at the Church of Holmes Chapel on Febuary 14, 2018 wearing a beautiful white dress? Now you're probably thinking, is this really happening? Yes it is. Now look over the balcony.

My heart was racing not believing any second of this. Looking into the river I see Harry dressed in a tux on a yacht with the letters, Will you marry me? painted on the side in red. I ran as fast as I could out of the restaurant to meet him at the dock. Once I did I took my heels off and jumped on the boat landing in his arms.

"So Emily will you marry me?" He got down on one knee and pulled out a huge diamond ring. Tears started forming in my eyes as I furiously shook my head yes.

"I love you so much" I hugged him so hard to where he probably couldn't breath but that was okay. I was so excited right now. He slid the ring on my finger and this wasn't just another promise ring, this was an engagement ring.

THE END