Chapter 14

LOUIS'S POV

I was smiling like an idiot thinking about how we were going on a date. I'm glad she brought up that there was obviously something more considering we just slept in the same bed together last night.

I'm happy she didn't deny it. I didn't think about it before but she really hasn't been with anyone besides Harry. I hope this won't screw up Harry and I's friendship but I mean they've been broken up for four months now.

I wore a different pair of black jeans with a grey tank top and a blue flannel over it. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I quickly quiffed it up and checked my phone that read 12:55. I heard the door open and I ran out of the bathroom to see her

"You were supposed to wait" I looked up and saw someone I was not expecting to see.

HARRY'S POV

I went through the same routine I did four months ago. Get off the plane. Hail a taxi. Drive to NYU to try to apologize to Emily. I was much more nervous this time because it's been so long.

I ran up the same stairs I did when I saw her and Brandon together. The thought made me sick and I quickly pushed it out of my mind. I stood at her door taking deep breaths to calm myself before I walked in there. I knocked but there was no answer.

Damn it she's probably at class. I turned the knob and it was open. I opened the door and saw Louis walk out of her bathroom.

"You were supposed to wait" His eyes met mine and we both stared in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Why is he in her dorm? Are they together?

"I came to talk to Emily. You're turn"

"Um I flew in last night to see her"

"Are you together?" I was afraid of the answer but I needed an answer before I tried getting back together.

"Well we were kind of about to go on a date" He awkwardly said. My heart stopped. My best friend was dating my ex. This is absolutely perfect. I can't believe him.

"Really? You're dating my ex? You're supposed to be my best friend"

"She should be allowed to date other people Harry!"

"But you're supposed to be my best friend!"

"I like her a lot okay? I'm sorry if you don't approve but she deserves to be able to date other people. And you never even talked to her in New York so she still thinks you hate her!" My anger turned to guilt since I never really did talk to her.

EMILY'S POV

I put all my makeup back in the bag the walked out of the door to my room. As I opened the door I was met with those familiar green ones I haven't seen in so long.

The ones that would haunt me in my dreams making me think he hated me. The ones that always comforted me when I was upset. The ones that I tried erasing out of my mind by drinking.

"W-What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you"

"It's a little late for that" I mumbled.

"Emily I came to see you after we broke up"

"No you didn't" I snapped.

"But then I saw you with Brandon so I left. I thought you were over me"

"I don't want to talk about this right now" I told him. My jaw was clenched and my whole body was tense.

"Let me just apologize then. I'm sorry I was stupid. I got caught up in everything-"

"I know Harry and it sucks because I went four months without you. I managed to stop thinking about you even if it wasn't for long. I'm not backtracking Harry. Let's go Louis" I shoved my phone into my pocket walking towards the door.

"Em I think you should hear him out" Louis protested. I feel like they're turning against me.

"Fine. You have five minutes to explain to me why you thought I never loved you then I'm leaving" I harshly spoke. Louis stepped into the hallway giving us some privacy.

"Management made me believe all this stupid shit and the fans thought we were faking and I didn't want them thinking that so I ended it. I was so stupid to choose my career over you. Then after days of being yelled at by your sister I realized how much I missed you and how you wouldn't have done certain things for me for money or fame. I'm sorry"

"I wish you would have at least told me this earlier. Waited until I was sober and listening so I didn't have to feel like hell without you. Jesus I wasted a whole month partying trying to stop thinking about you but nothing worked because I loved you. You were my world. But don't give me crap about Louis because he is the one person that has made me feel happy since you fucked up my life" I saw a tremendous pang of hurt flash in his eyes and it didn't leave. Knowing him he couldn't even try to cover it up.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything and if Louis makes you happy then you can go out with him" I was drowned in the amount of sadness in his voice. I was mad at him but I always would love him no matter what and hearing him say that broke my heart. I felt tears prick at my eyes.

"Hell no you aren't making me cry I just put my makeup on" I waved my eyes trying to dry the tears and I felt Harry stare at me. I finally stopped my emotions and pulled myself back up.

"I'm sorry" He spoke.

"I'm sorry too" He walked out of the door and I followed him seeing Louis sitting on the stairs.

"Don't hurt her the way I did" I heard Harry whisper in Louis's ear and Louis nodded.

•••••••••••••••••

tears;( okay guys im at camp. i'll be off of wattpad for two weeks im going to miss writing but ill draft new chapters on my freetime!!

if you're bored you should go read my other stories😃

READ COMMENT VOTE

love you😘

-katherine:))