Chapter 12

Most of the commercials were just boring but then that scary one started. You know that one where they talk to the spirits? Well yeah it scares me for like the next three days. I hugged Louis tattooed arm and hid behind it as the trailer played.

"Are you scared?" Louis giggled at my childish act.

"A little" As soon as a scary face popped up on the screen I screamed squeezing my eyes shut into his arm.

"That was my ear you just deafened"

"Is it over?" I asked afraid to open my eyes.

"Yeah you can open" I trusted Louis and my eyes flickered to the tv and it wasn't over. Now two scary faces were stuck in my mind. I screamed again punching my best friend.

"Jeez what is it with you hitting me"

"I hate you. You told me it was over and now I'm mad at you" I moved away from him laying on my pillow.

"No you love me" He scooped me up and put me on his lap. My stomach filled with butterflies and I could help the smile on my face.

"I'm still mad at you" His hand was on top of my knee keeping me in place and the other was on my hip.

"This is something best friends do right?" He asked and I thought it was really cute.

"No but we can pretend it is" I rested my head in the crook of his neck with my eyes glued to the tv as the movie started.

"It's starting" I whispered. As Hazel starting telling the story I felt myself getting emotional because I knew what was going to happen.

Throughout the movie I squealed like a fangirl at all the cute parts and cried like the second half of the movie. I saw Louis's eyes getting glistening from the light of the tv and I knew he was crying but I would tease him after the movie.

"Just letting you know your shirt is soaked" I sniffled as Ed Sheeran started playing as the credits rolled.

"I know Em I can feel it" He lightly laughed.

"Are you crying?"

"No" He turned the other direction so I couldn't see his face.

"Aw you're crying that's adorable"

"No I'm not adorable I'm supposed to be hot"

"You are hot and adorable" I smirked wiping under my eyes with a tissue.

"Really?"

"Yes I like when guys have a sensitive side. And you lost the bet"

"Can I get you all those things tomorrow it's 1:30 in the morning?" I checked my phone and Louis was right.

"Fine but you aren't getting out of this" I stood up off his lap to turn the lamp on since it was now pitch black. "You can sleep in my bed I'll sleep in Ash's" I tiredly said and he nodded taking his jeans off throwing them on top of his suitcase that was propped up against the wall.

I followed his actions taking my leggings off then my bra but from under my shirt. I noticed he was staring at me and he tried to pretend like he just didn't get caught but I saw it.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"No reason" He shyly said. I wanted to pester him some more but I honestly was falling for Louis's vulnerable side. I slightly bent over to put my hair in a ponytail and could feel his stare burning through me causing me to blush again.

"Okay" I plugged my phone in to charge then turned the lamp off.

"Goodnight" I said getting in Ash's bed while he was in mine.

"Night night sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite" I could hear him smiling through it causing me to giggle because he'd always tell me that before we hung up.

"I won't" I stared at the ceiling smiling because Louis just brought back that bubbly fire I once had. He made me happy. He made me forget about Harry and not just for a few hours but just to move on with my life.

I tried going to sleep but every time I closed my eyes I saw the scary faces from the commercial. I don't know how much time passed but I couldn't fall asleep. I checked my phone and it was already 2:30.

"Louis" I whispered. I whispered a little louder trying to wake him up but it still didn't work. I tried one more time and heard him move.

"What's wrong Em?" His voice was rough from being asleep but it was still really hot.

"I'm scared can I sleep with you?" He chuckled as if I was five but I couldn't sleep.

"From the scary commercial?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah it was scary" I pouted.

"Yeah you can come sleep with me" I stepped out of Ash's bed and he moved over so I could fit on the small bed. I was engulfed by the warm sheets and Louis. Our legs naturally entangled together and I laid my head on his inner bicep which was just like a pillow.

I felt his hand pull my shirt up over my waist and rest on the bare part of my waist. Our chests were pressed together from the confined space.

"This is something best friends do right?" I whispered.

"No but we can pretend it is" He giggled reciting my response. I didn't want to go to sleep because I wanted to savor every moment of this but I slowly fell asleep knowing Louis was protectively holding me next to him.

•••••••••••••

I know it's shorter than usual but I really wanted to stop there because it was so cute omg feels guys i cant. im dead.

READ COMMENT VOTE

got three more hours in the car should get another chapter or two up!

-katherine😍