Chapter 17

"Louis! That was my piece!" I half yelled at him.

"No it wasn't" He said with a mouthfull of pizza. Which was also the last piece. I snatched what was left of it out of his hand took a bite out of it. We were trying to watch a movie but we weren't paying any attention to it.

"Yes it was. You've had four and I've only had three"

"I'm bad at math" He gave me a not so serious apology face and I just chuckled and continued eating my pizza.

"What are we even watching"

"Well I think it's over now" The credits started rolling and I switched back to regular television.

"Coming up next on E news is the crazy british love triangle.  Now you all know about One Direction and their girlfriends. Well their tour ended this past weekend and surprisingly Louis Tomlinson visited Harry's  ex girlfriend of now four months before his own. Either he and Eleanor Calder called it quits or he's up to something. Louis was spotted arriving in New York City late Sunday night and went straight to NYU to see college student, Emily Robin. This morning Harry was spotted at the airport also in New York City and went to the university but left minutes later with a sour expression. Now normally these boys love to stop to take pictures with their fans but Harry said he didn't want any pictures as he quickly hailed a cab leaving as quickly as possible. And that's not all. Followed by Harry, Emily and Louis left campus through the main entrance running to an arcade. Emily seems to have moved on with another band member but has Harry? Pictures will be coming up after the commercial" I turned the tv off and looked up at Louis who had the same blank expression as me. Before I could even speak my phone was already buzzing.

"Hey" I calmly answered the phone knowing my sister would either be pissed off or excited. Either way she's going to be anything but calm.

"Woah you and Louis?"  I couldn't quite place her tone. She just seemed surprised. Not angry or overly happy just..taken back.

"So you saw..."

"Yeah we all did"

"Who is all?"

"Me, Niall, Liam, Zayn, Perrie, Gemma, and Eleanor" I cringed when she said Eleanor. Louis gave me a curious look as if he was asking if everything was okay. I nodded biting my lip in fear Eleanor would hate my guts for dating Louis. I know they're over but I'm still her best friend. Stupid tv shows.

"Oh"

"Are you okay?"

"By the tone of your voice I feel like everyone hates me" I started pacing around the small room playing with the tips of my hair trying to keep myself together. Thoughts and questions swarmed my mind. Are they mad at me? Are they okay with Louis and I being together? Is Eleanor okay? Does she hate me? Rayne's confused voice made me push away some of the questions for now.

"I'm just confused"

"Mind telling me why?"

"It's kind of obvious"

"Are you confused that we're dating because Harry was my soulmate or whatever? Are you confused because I'm dating my ex's best friend? Rayne I'm 18 why do I feel like you don't want me dating anyone besides him?" I rose my voice at her because I was frustrated. She wasn't saying anything but three words at a time. I knew it looked bad but she might as well just start yelling at me because I'm already sick of her being vague in this.

"Emily this looks bad! I don't care if your One Direction's manager anymore or not but this is awful. Louis just broke up with Eleanor and you're already moving on with him. It's bad enough you had to screw up your reputation getting drunk and high every single night. You have hurt a lot of people and it's not fair! Just stop for once! Just be a normal teenager before you end up dead or in jail! I know you're fucking some other kid too and it's really disappointing Emily. Not just to me but to the people that love you. When are you going to wake up and stop being a fuck-up? You're in magazines and all over the news. Sometimes I wonder if you're more popular than the boys because all anyone talks about is Harry's ex girlfriend who's partying it up! Can't you find a boyfriend that isn't famous? Just someone who is low key?I mean seriously. We're all sitting here staring with our jaws hanging open that you would go that low! And this isn't even the first time. You 'messed up' and did it with Liam too! How do you think mum and dad would feel about this?" I hung up before she could yell at me anymore.

My emotions were swirling like a tornado inside me. Every word she said cut through my heart ripping it piece by piece. I feel hurt by the one person I loved more than anything. I looked up to her and always wanted to be able to protect her like she did for me. She basically was my role model. And now my role model is so disappointed in me. The lump formed in my throat and I ran out of the room dropping my phone on the hardwood floor before Louis could see the tears falling down my cheeks.

 I ran to the silent tranquil place I always sat to eat lunch or to study. Nobody ever bothered me here. I slid down the large oak tree letting all my sad feelings unravel. The worst part is that she was right. But I didn't know why the truth had to hurt so much. Especially coming from my sister who was like my best friend. I just don't know what to do anymore. Hearing that just made me want to die. Does everyone really see me as a disappointment?

Am I really hurting everyone around me?