Chapter 23

EMILY'S POV

***3 years later***

"Are you excited Emily? I'm so proud of you" Sydney said hugging me in my gown.

"I don't know I'm kind of nervous"

"Don't be you have been waiting for this" Monet reassured me.

"And don't worry we'll be right with you on that stage" Emerson told me. Over the past three years of living in Louisiana I became best friends with Monet, Emerson, and Sydney because we all had business class together at UNO. I have definitely moved on with my life in such a positive way as in forgetting about Harry and the drama we had. I know it was awful leaving my sister but she just made me feel like I was the annoying little sister she had to bail out. I live in an apartment and I finally have been able to pay for a car so I don't have to take the bus every morning.

I have a good job in the business world and today is the day I graduate college and get my business degree. I haven't dated anyone since Louis and Harry mostly because I knew guys would hold me back from achieving my dreams.

"Alright we should probably go we'll be late for the ceremony" I told them fixing my curls. I kept my hair brown because I realized I liked it more than the blonde and One Direction of course is still famous but not like they used to be so if I dyed it back, the fans would know who I was. People have asked if I'm Harry Styles's ex and I just say 'who's that?' It's hilarious.

Of course I've told Monet, Sydney, and Emerson what has happened but that's only because they're my best friends. Yes as expected they were so shocked that I was so connected to a famous boyband and that Rayne was my sister.

Their reactions were funny. And especially when they were all like 'please tell me you still have their numbers?' but I deleted all of my contacts on the plane ride to Louisiana. The boys have had more concerts in New Orleans and on those days I made sure to stay locked in my apartment.

And Sydney and Emerson are huge One Direction fans so they tried begging me to go to a concert and I refused. I somehow managed to transfer my scholarship to UNO and finally was able to stay in one place for more than a few months.

I grabbed my keys and we all piled in my five seat car. It was noon and graduation was at 1. We were techniacally supposed to be there for noon to rehearse but there's not much to rehearse. You sit on stage, walk up to get your diploma, and sit back down.

"So what should we do after graduation? Go get some drinks and party because we're out of college!" Emerson said with a goofy grin on her face.

"Sounds fun. We are 22 anyway" I said.

"22..ooo" Sydney sang.

"Please stop singing Taylor Swift" Monet laughed.

******

Once the ceremony was over and everyone made their speechs and whatnot everyone poured out of the auditorium. This reminded me of my highschool graduation but this time nobody outside of my friends were coming to see me.

I wouldn't run into Harry's arms and everything would be perfect. Instead I would just wait until my friends were done visiting with their families. Wow I sound pathetic. Like everyone else I took my black cap and gown off revealing my fitted red strapless dress and black heels.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing here all alone?" Sydney joked behind my back.

"Hey Syd I was just looking for you"

"So we were all thinking of going to dinner together like with all of our families, wanna come?"

"Definitely!" It still stung when everyone was hugging their mums and dads and I had no one..not even Rayne anymore. I regret leaving her and not letting her contact me but it was for the best I keep reminding myself.

I drove in my car to the restaurant Sydney texted me while the rest of my friends rode with their parents. I've missed a lot being away from the boys and my sister. Rayne graduated college last year, her and Niall are engaged, Eleanor and Louis got back together after I left and eventually got married, Harry has a new girlfriend, Zayn and Perrie got married, and Liam has a new girlfriend also.

I don't know when Rayne's wedding is but I just pray every night something will bring us back together so I can see her on her wedding day. I know she would want to see me on mine. The band is still touring, not worldwide, but people fly in to the UK just to see the number of performances they do there.

Sydney and Emerson keep me updated when I ask about them and even though I pretend I'm okay with the fact that Harry has a new girlfriend, I know I'm not. It's been three years and I still think about everyone from my past as if I never left.

Although they probably hate me more than ever for leaving like that. I don't blame them. Sometimes I stalk their instagrams just because I miss them. I concentrated on driving until we all met up at the restaurant.

HARRY'S POV

Elizabeth and I were waiting outside of the auditorium of UNO for her sister. I'm glad I went with the casual jeans and a button up shirt because it was blazing hot in Louisiana in the middle of May. My girlfriend's hand pulled mine into hers as soon as she saw her sister emerge from the crowd walking towards us.

I got the impression Liz was just trying to impress Brittany as if saying 'I'm dating someone famous and you're not therefore I'm cooler than you' but maybe I was just annoyed at the fact Elizabeth had practically been bragging to literally the whole world about how we're dating.

First it was the instagram selfie, then the fact she wouldn't stop talking about me to her parents, and now her sister. I don't even know why we're still together. All the boys hate her so it's not like she even fits in. She manages to stir up drama between Eleanor, Rayne, Perrie, and Amber, Liam's girlfriend. Yeah maybe I will break up with her.

We started dating about three months ago mainly because I broke up with the last girlfriend. I've been dating more girls then all the boys combined mostly because I'm still not over her. I try and date other girls to move on but none of them are like her.

She used to be comfortable around me but they aren't. They're all worried about how they look and it's annoying because one minute their so self conscious then the next they're so vain. None of them are like Emily. And I'm starting to realize no one can replace her.

•••••••••

okay i'll give yall a character list of the new characters:

Monet- Vanessa Hudgens

Emerson- Selena Gomez

Sydney- Shelly Hennig

Elizabeth- Megan Park

Brittany- Cassie Scerbo

Amber- Mila Kunis

READ COMMENT VOTE

-katherine:)