Chapter 33

HARRY'S POV

I stared at this wasted yet beautiful woman peacefully sleeping with dreams being created in her mind of neverending thoughts. Even though she was drunk her words were still valid to me. Does she really want to marry me or is she actually crazy?

I didn't think about it till now but I didn't see much of a reason to think about it. It was probably just the alcohol whispering deceiving things into her ears, into her heart. Even though we were inseparable that night, was it love or the satisfaction of being together?

Knowing Emily we would have to have been together for at least a year before I proposed or anything. The statistics are what through everything out of track. I have the band and she still has to decide whether to stay in London or continuing to live in New Orleans. It's all too complicated.

I pushed those rediculous thoughts out of my head and carefully slipped a t shirt over her then made my way out of the room to find everyone still sleeping. I sat on one of the barstools scrolling through social media because I had nothing else better to do while everyone was sleeping.

"Hey mate" Zayn's tired voice took my attention away from my phone. At least I wasn't the only one awake now.

"Morning" I replied without any enthusiasm in my voice.

"Something wrong?" He gave me a confused look thrown back from my tone.

"I need some advice"

**FIVE DAYS LATER**

"I promise guys I'll be back in two weeks. We have this small project for work but I'll be back soon!" I reassured them as I was about to board my plane back to New Orleans. I had to get back to my job but I'd be visiting soon.

"You better or I will come after you" Rayne warned with a level of seriousness behind her strong voice.

"Chill out I will" I laughed and we all hugged as they called for my flight. I stared at Harry who's vision was locked on the ground. "That's my flight Harry" He seemed oit of it and he looked up with a confused expression.

"Okay" He mumbled.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing you're gonna miss your flight probably should get going"

"Not until you tell me what's going on"

"Em it's not important I'll call you when you get off the plane and tell you"

"Promise?" He shook his head and gave me a light hug. What is up with him? I scoffed and said goodbye to everyone then made my way to the line for third class. Why is Harry acting so weird? I spent the time waiting in line to analyze everything I did and said to him on the trip.

Did I do domething wrong? Is management saying things? Are the fans saying things? Because now the whole world knows that we're back together and I was the mystery girl in Harry's car that day. After I gave the lady my plane ticket I analyzed some more on the plane then fell asleep then woke up thinking about it again.

It completely perplexed me. He didn't even say that he would miss me or anything. Not even a tight hug much less a kiss. Nothing. I stressfully ran my hand through my hair for the thousandth time wishing I had a ponytail to keep it out of my face. I impatiently waited as everyone seemed to be taking forever  to get off this damn plane.

I couldn't wait to see my three best friends that I just wanted to hang out with and tell them everything. With the time zones and their jobs we haven't got to talk like the whole trip unless I called them at 3 in the morning.

I swung my bag over my shoulder then excused myself to get in the long line of people that eventually led to the small airport. I spotted the three familiar girls waiting for me and all the negativity and confusion about Harry vanished and I felt content being with my best friends again.

"Em! How was your trip?" Sydney asked hugging me.

"Interesting I'll tell you all about it"

"Please tell me you actually talked to your sister and the others and you didn't chicken out?" Monet pleaded.

"I didn't chicken out! Look you can even look. Her contact and everyone else's is back in my phone"

"You owe me ten bucks!" Monet said lightly pushing Emerson's arm.

"Ugh" Emerson rolled her eyes playfully but still smiled pulling me into a hug.

"You doubted me?" I laughed and Em handed a ten dollar bill to Monet.

"Let's be practical her Emily" Sydney reminded me and I faked hurt as my jaw flew down in shock but we all ended up laughing.

"Okay we have a fun movie and food marathon planned at your place by the way so let's head home" The way Emerson said 'home' stirred something inside me. This isn't my home. London is my home. More importantly, Harry is my home. This is just a temporaray place for me to hide away and now I'm starting to see the distinctions between New Orleans where I spent the last three years of my life. London used to be the place I loved walking around and seeing other people and where Harry and I fell into deeper love than what we were before the X Factor.

My second thoughts were eating me inside out and I didn't like it. My brain said to be smart about this decision and stay with my best friends with my job and my apartment but I knew my heart wouldn't agree. They never do.

"Emily are you here?" Sydney waved her hand in front of my face.

"Yeah sorry I just zoned out for a little"

"Are you thinking about London?" Monet asked.

"No I'm just really tired let's get back to my apartment" I lied. I wasn't tired and I wanted to be with Harry not at my lame excuse of a home. I can't believe that I'm just now realizing this. Why have I been so naive?

•••••••••••

ayyy i updated

okay yall advice 101: do not count on fanfiction to teach you that all relationships are perfect and their lives are simple af because even though their parents die or beat them and stuff like that they have it pretty easy. well its not lol and im just now realizing that so just be prepared for some thunderstorms. it isnt all sunflowers daisies and rainbows

READ COMMENT VOTE

-katherinee:]