Chapter 2

When they finally moved everything inside it had gotten late but the sun was still out.
It was really cramped since there were boxes everywhere.

Taehyung looked around to see if there was still something left for him to do. He would leave the unpacking of the boxes to Jimin and Yoongi; since both of them (separately!) told him to leave it alone after they had moved every single object to a different place than he had put them.

Yoongi was now unpacking the stuff they needed most urgently while Jungkook and Hoseok were screwing the closet together. It didn’t seem like they needed help.

Looking around Taehyung felt the already well-known, painful sting in his chest. It wasn't the first time today and probably won't be the last either. It happened every time he realised, that this was the place where Jimin would spend his life from now on - together with someone else than him.

Taehyung had known from the start that there wasn’t a chance for him and Jimin. They had been friends since forever. Of course, when they were growing older there was a period when they experimented with their sexuality together. They kissed and touched each other to see if they liked or disliked it and such. But never something serious.
For Jimin gender didn’t matter, he just liked humans altogether and went along with whoever seemed likeable. For Taehyung though it was at that time that he realised he had a thing for the male body; the tight muscles, strong chest, a rough body, the feel of stubbles while kissing or simply a strong grip really did it for him.

But it had only been experimenting. They soon went back to being normal friends since Jimin got himself a girlfriend at the time. It was years later that Taehyung discovered his crush for the other. Only after Jimin had met Yoongi.

How stupid; he had fallen in love with the Jimin who was in love with Yoongi. So yeah, no chance at all.

Taehyung knew that. And he WAS already on the way to give up and let it go. He just couldn’t let go completely as of yet. But time would surely be on his side.
After all he already survived today! And that without crying, making a scene or picking a fight with neither Yoongi nor Jimin - sure, getting to meet Jungkook today was one lucky coincidence since playing and joking around with him helped a lot in forgetting about everything else. But he had gotten better already and he would leave it behind someday.

Taehyung turned to the kitchen to search for Jimin. He found him going through the fridge, silently cursing to himself.

“It wasn’t me.” Taehyung said when he stepped behind him.

“Eh?”

“This time I wasn’t the one to eat your last mochi. Ask your new cohabitant.”

Jimin laughed at that. “Actually, I more suspect our youngest; Jungkook sure can eat like a lawn-mower”.

“Mhm, true.” Tae answered seriously, before he started giggling, remembering how often he had caught Jungkook eating something, alone this afternoon.

“So, anything I can help you with before you start to actually pick a fight with the fridge?” Taehyung asked.

“To be honest, I’m a bit in trouble now. I know I promised you guys to feed you for helping us move but the thing is, Jin hyung said he’d bring dinner over – as an apology that he and Namjoon weren’t able to help us today. But it seems like his appointment takes longer than expected so he won’t be able to come...” Jimin explained.

“And now you don’t have anything to eat in the house?” he nodded. “I see. Jimin, my dear friend, I can guarantee you that there will be a riot if you don’t feed us. A big one. Gigantic. For sure. I know it. I’m actually gonna lead it.”