Chapter 44

Annyeong~

Sorry, I'm a bit late, aren't I? Well I didn't have time last week to write it so I wrote it in a hurry today... Means it's also not edited or anything...
Please bear with me!

Anyway, I hope you'll still enjoy it! I looked forward to this scene^^

⁺       ˚
.  *     ✦     .      ⁺   .⁺       ˚
.  *   ✦     .      ⁺   .
.      ⁺        ⁺

Taehyung woke up surrounded by Jungkook’s scent and he stretched himself contently. He reached his hands out in search of the other’s body to snuggle closer only to find... nothing!

Alarmed he ripped his eyes open and scrambled to his knees. It was still dark outside but the streetlights enlightened the room enough for him to see that the bed beside him was empty and he felt his heart sink. It had happened again. Just like last time they had gone to bed together, slept together and on the next morning Jungkook had been gone.

The last time it had been at least unexpected so Taehyung hadn’t understood at first what had happened but this time he knew at once. Jungkook had left. Left again even though he had promised not to.

“Tae? What’s wrong?” Jungkook’s voice came from the end of the bed, sounding concerned. Taehyung snapped his head around and truthfully Jungkook was sitting there, eyebrows raised in worry as Taehyung started to hyperventilate.

Jungkook moved to get closer to him but Taehyung was faster, practically jumping the younger and clutching with all his might onto him as if he was afraid Jungkook could vanish into thin air. Jungkook drew soothing circles on Taehyung’s back, mumbling reassuring words into his ear which Taehyung didn’t understand over the rush of blood in his veins but the sound of Jungkook’s voice helped to calm him down.

Until that moment Taehyung himself hadn’t known how big his fear of Jungkook disappearing again had been. It surprised him as much as it must have shocked Jungkook.

When his breathing returned to normal he slowly loosened his grip on Jungkook, not letting go completely though. Jungkook shifted, pulling Taehyung along, up the bed until his back leaned against the headrest, positioning Taehyung so his side was leaned against Jungkook’s chest, his legs draped over Jungkook’s lap, head resting on his shoulder.

Taehyung let himself be handled like a doll, as long as he didn’t lose the contact to Jungkook he didn’t care. Though the younger had chosen just the perfect position. They had the most possible skin contact while still being able to face each other without having to let go of their embrace.

They stayed like this for quite some time, Jungkook continuing his soothing circles but turned his mumbling into light humming. Taehyung loved to listen to Jungkook singing and also this time it didn’t fail to touch his heart. He snuggled closer to the younger, nuzzling his head in the crook at his neck, getting lost in the mixture of Jungkook’s soft voice and the steady drum of his heart.

Taehyung must have fallen asleep again somewhere along the way, the next time he opened his eyes he was lying down again, the covers tucked up to his chin but this time his body was entangled with Jungkook’s. Their limbs were a mess to a degree where it was almost hard to tell which were his and which the other’s legs, they each had one hand intertwined, the other one clutched around the other’s body and their faces were only a breath away.

Taehyung stared at Jungkook’s sleeping face, almost too close to get a clear picture but he didn’t have it in him to move away for even an inch. The smile on Taehyung’s lips was genuinely happy, the fear from before long forgotten as Jungkook was there.

As he watched Jungkook sleeping peacefully, Taehyung didn’t know how much time had passed when the younger finally stirred. However it was funny to count the time Jungkook needed to actually open his eyes. It took him an eternity and in the end it was probably Taehyung’s try at muffling his giggles that prevented Jungkook to drifting into dreamland again.

The first thing Jungkook did when he was awake enough to formulate an actual thought after opening his eyes was to pull Taehyung closer and squeeze him until the elder almost suffocated. Though he didn’t complain. Rather he enjoyed every second of it.

“Good morning, Kookie.” Taehyung giggled amused.

“’morning.” Jungkook mumbled back, voice hoarse from sleep.

They lied there like that for quite some time, just enjoying the other’s presence. It was the perfect moment, only disturbed by the soft drum of music coming from outside. Taehyung froze when he realised where the music came from.

Maybe it was Taehyung’s reaction, maybe Jungkook just noticed at the same moment like him, fact was he drew back, drew out of Taehyung’s arms and watched the door that was still closed. Taehyung reached his hand out and touched Jungkook’s arm to gain his attention but the younger didn’t take his gaze from the door and the things that awaited him behind.

“Koo-“ Taehyung started to explain but the sound of his voice seemed to have broken whatever spell laid on Jungkook and had him freeze in the same position. He shot Taehyung a look that reached from disbelieve to betrayal and made the elder shut up before Jungkook jumped up and was by the door in an instant, tearing it open.

Only when he’d disappeared out of Taehyung’s view the latter got a grip on himself. How could he have forgotten about Jihoon?! Taehyung chased after Jungkook, hoping to find the younger before he got the wrong impressions again, though it might have been already too late for that Taehyung realised as he heard Jungkook roar, “Who the hell are you?”

Taehyung followed the noise leading to his old room and bumped into Jungkook as he was standing just right behind the door. Jungkook though didn’t butch, keeping his stand and staring poor Jihoon down who sat on Taehyung’s old bed, books all around him as he’d probably been studying, wearing nothing but boxers and one of Taehyung’s old shirts. Not that Jungkook was any better in only his briefs as he had stormed out of bed without a thought.

Taehyung groaned inwardly when he saw the situation unfolding in front of him, the way Jihoon’s eyes dashed to him indicated that he had also groaned outwardly. Jungkook however didn’t as much as recognise his attendance and kept fuming at Jihoon.

Only when Taehyung touched Jungkook’s bare shoulder and called his name he acknowledged him enough to shrug him off and turn to him. Taehyung kind of wished he hadn’t when the intensity of Jungkook’s fury was now directed to him.

“Kook-“ Taehyung started to explain but was interrupted when Jungkook pushed past him and out the door.

Taehyung hurriedly followed him and caught Jungkook’s hand, enfolding it in a tight grip to stop the other form disappearing but Jungkook tore his hand free, looking accusingly at Taehyung.

“What the fuck, Tae? What is this supposed to mean, huh?” Jungkook shouted.