Chapter 31

Annyeong~

Back at home for almost a week now... I miss Seoul!! Guess it wasn't the last time I went there!!! 😁😍

Also, let me take this chance to say:

🎉HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARK JIMIN!🎉

Hope you're having a great day today in Amsterdam and I'd really like to thank you for being born and blessing us all with being a member of BTS! 💜

_______________________________________________________________

It was finally Friday. Taehyung was the whole September on week duty and had the weekends off whereas he would have to work all weekends in October. He didn't mind the weekend duties since he could spend more time with the older kids who had to go to school but it meant his off days didn't match up with most other people.

He had looked forward to the weekend with a fervour he usually never reached since he enjoyed his job so much. This time though he simply wanted to spent time with Jungkook and that was easiest on their days off.

Today though they would meet up with Jimin and Yoongi since they still wanted to celebrate Jungkook's birthday. Even though there would still be an 'official' birthday party that Jungkook wanted to do with Namjoon since their birthdays were so close together, Jimin wouldn't leave him alone about meeting up beforehand.
Therefore Taehyung would first need to survive this gathering before he could spend some quality time with his boyfriend.
Thankfully at least Namjoon and Jungkook had agreed to celebrate their shared birthday party the weekend after Namjoon's birthday so they were free after this night for the rest of the weekend.

It had been Jungkook that suggested the date to Namjoon, saying it would bring misfortune to celebrate beforehand but the intensity with which he insisted on it as Namjoon said he didn't believe in such things let Taehyung think Jungkook had another motive on hand to make it the following weekend only. He kind of guessed - and hoped - this other motive had something to do with him and the plans Taehyung had himself for the weekend.

It was time to take their relationship to the next level! They danced around each other on eggshells half a week, trying not to cross the line of no return but both feeling the tension accumulating more and more. The air between them got heavier every time they locked gazes and their usual way of letting off some steam didn't feel like enough anymore.

So yes, Taehyung was looking forward to their weekend.

What he wasn't exactly looking forward was the double date with YoonMin couple how they were called by their friends. He was confused about his feelings to Jimin now more than ever, with Jungkook taking up so much of his attention. He didn't know how to react to it anymore and couldn't even imagine how it would feel like to have both, Jimin and Jungkook, sitting together right in front of him.

It somehow felt as if he had to choose and Taehyung seriously didn't have a clue how he should do that.

To top it off Yoongi would be there, too. Scary, kind Yoongi hyung, who knew about his crush for Jimin. How would he react when he witnessed Taehyung ogling Jimin and lusting after his little cousin at the same time?

It had already been strange when Yoongi had helped Jungkook move his things but at that time Taehyung hadn't been yet that involved with Jungkook as he was now.

Yoongi had thrown him some death glares from time to time but Jungkook magically always appeared between them somewhere out of nowhere and Yoongi had receded.

Taehyung still wondered what Jungkook had said to him that day he went to talk to him about them being together. If Taehyung got the chance he would definitely ask Jungkook about it. Because Yoongi obviously wasn't cool with it but he didn't dare to act against his cousins wishes.

By now though Taehyung wasn't sure he would be able to hide the feelings he had developed towards Jungkook and it was on the scale how Yoongi would react to it. Not that Taehyung couldn't understand it, heck it was like Taehyung was out to mess with the people dearest to Yoongi...

Also Taehyung wasn't keen on seeing Jungkook's sad expression every time he caught Taehyung stealing a glance at Jimin. He didn't want to hurt the younger by no means!

So no, Taehyung wasn't looking forward to this evening at all.

He even thought about the possibility of working overtime, giving an excuse that some of the nurses got sick and he had to fill in or something. But he knew one look from Jimin and the other would know it was a lie. Actually it wouldn't even be necessary to see him; a phone call would lead to the same result, heck probably even a text - or not texting at all - would give him away. They really knew each other too well.

There wasn't really any way out if it, Taehyung knew. It didn't stop him from scooting around and doing everything possible to delay his departure from 'Hope World' as long as he could anyway.

When he finally was shooed out to 'enjoy' his weekend, Taehyung trudged to his car and drove home more than unenthusiastically.

Jungkook's happy bunny smile he flashed him as he entered the living room was all that stopped Taehyung from hiding in his room playing sick until it was over.

"Welcome home, Tae! You're late, long day?" Jungkook welcomed him.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook for a moment in astonishment, every day they had spent Jungkook had managed to crawl deeper underneath his skin, taking up more and more space in his heart. Right now he just wanted to hug Jungkook and never let go again.

And that's exactly what he did - at least the first part. He went straight to Jungkook and pulled the surprised younger in an embrace without saying anything.

Jungkook let it happen for a while but as Taehyung still hung on without speaking or any sign that he intended to let go Jungkook started to worry.

"Are you alright, hyung? Did something happen?" he asked but Taehyung just shook his head as good as he could while it was buried in Jungkook's neck.

"I just need to recharge for a moment, that's all." Taehyung finally said.

"Recharge?"

"Mhmm. You're warmth gives me energy."

Taehyung could practically feel how Jungkook wanted to ask more, wanted to know what happened, why the normally so energetic elder behaved so strangely but he didn't. He seemed to sense that Taehyung wouldn't answer. Couldn't answer.

And Jungkook wasn't stupid. He knew as well as Taehyung what disaster the evening ahead of them could turn into.
Jungkook must have been worried as well.

Taehyung knew that it had been Jimin's insisting that they were meeting on a Friday night. Jungkook had first tried to schedule it under the week, surely so they would have an excuse to leave early if something should go wrong. But his dear friend wouldn't stop convincing Jungkook that the weekend was very much more convenient and knew him well enough to know he must have time somewhen from Friday to Sunday night... Jungkook didn't stand a chance as Yoongi had enough of the quabbling and yelled into the phone that they'd meet Friday and that's that.
Well, thanks for that Jiminie!

Taehyung took one last deep breath, smelling Jungkook's fresh scent of soap and his light cologne that reminded Taehyung of a mandarin farm placed in the middle of a forest. With a little effort he put on his cheerful mask and finally let go of the younger.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

Jungkook inspected him, not believing one moment the facade Taehyung displayed.

"Are YOU?"

The question made Taehyung smile honestly and he shook his head.

"Not at all. No choice though if I don't want to be strangled from Jiminie's small, angry paws..." he shrugged.
"Gonna grab a quick shower, okay?" Taehyung asked and took off before Jungkook could answer.