Chapter 38

Annyeong~

I hope you all are doing fine!!
Ehm... Well... I think, I should maybe apologize beforehand so yeah: I'm sorry! Don't start to hate me after this chapter, please!

___________________________________________________________

Taehyung woke up in Jungkook’s room. The light glanced warm but dimmly through the only half closed curtains and the bed was cozy and comfortable. But something was missing. Or better someone.

Jungkook wasn't there, the bedcovers next to him were cold as if Jungkook had left his side for quite some time already. Having a bad feeling Taehyung got up, a bit shaky on his legs thanks to the faint pain in his hips. He searched the rest of the apartment for the younger but without success. Jungkook was gone.

Nausea took over his stomach as he went back to Jungkook’s bedroom, looking for hints as to where the other had gone. He didn’t usually go out so early on a sunday morning.
When he entered the room Taehyung noticed a folded paper on Jungkook’s desk. He hadn't seen it before since he was focusing on finding a human, not some small, little paper. He walked over to the desk, staring at the note for a moment, trying to gulp down the bile that threatened to come up any second.

His hand trembled when he picked it up – there were only a few possible answers as to why Jungkook wasn’t there on an early Sunday morning and only one of them included the need of a cliched handwritten note...

Taehyung shook his head to clear his mind. There had to be more reasons, after all they had reconciled the previous night, right?
Maybe there had been an important meeting he had to attend and his phone had went out of battery so he couldn’t text him but didn’t want to wake him up so he left a note? Or maybe he had just went out to get something for breakfast and had thought he was back before Taehyung woke up but to be sure he left the paper?

Taehyung came up with a lot more possibilities though his gut declined them all, being sure the small paper would confirm what he feared right now: that Jungkook left.

Still trembling he unfolded the note. There were only two sentences but they were enough to shatter Taehyung’s little hope that it wasn't the worst case to pieces:

I’m sorry!
Good luck with Jimin hyung.
JK

All blood drained from Taehyung’s face and his legs were suddenly too weak to support him as he slid to the ground. He sat there for a while, unmoving, staring blankly in front of him unable to form a clear thought.

Taehyung read the note once again. And again. He tried to make sense of it but he couldn't understand what had brought Jungkook to do this. When he let his hand sink there was a movement in the corner of his eyes and as he looked up he was faced with his reflection in the tall mirror of Jungkook’s closet. He was met with a messy and ravished image of himself looking pale and pained. There were hickeys strewed about all over his body and Taehyung recalled the events of the last night.

He had found Jungkook in his room, sitting in front of the laptop, genuinely ignoring him. Somewhere along the line Jungkook had snapped though, either Taehyung’s physical closeness or him mentioning Jimin most surely being the cause for it. He had pinned Taehyung against the wall, one led to another and then they had ended up sleeping together. Taehyung thought they had reached a silent agreement and that they’d talk about everything once they got up on the next day but now Jungkook was gone, leaving a simple note. It quite seemed as if Jungkook had thought differently from him.

When Taehyung eyed the red/purple spots all over his body it suddenly dawned on him that he never had had the chance to tell Jungkook that nothing happened with Jimin. That the other had only been joking, that there would never be anything between them than normal friendship. Okay, maybe a bit more than 'normal' but for sure nothing romantic.
And he also hadn’t been able to tell the younger his true feelings...