Chapter 7

Jungkook’s expression was serious when he looked at Taehyung. “Is it because of him?”

“What are you talking about?” Taehyung asked, even though he had quite the idea of what pr rather who the younger was talking about. But it wasn’t possible for this half-stranger to know about it and therefore Taehyung decided to play dumb.

“It’s what he calls you, right?” Jungkook continued.

“He?”

“Jimin hyung.”

The little brat was seriously attentive! Most people don’t really care about such things and tend to forget the names other people use.

“Yes, he does.” Taehyung admitted.

“So it’s okay for Jimin hyung but not for me?”

“Listen, Kookie-ah. Jiminie is my best friend. I know him more or less already my whole life so yeah, he does have the right to call me whatever he wants. It’s nothing special I just don’t really like when others call me that.”

“But it does seem special. I don’t think your feelings for him are those of a best friend.”

That made Taehyung speechless for the moment. How did this guy he met for the first time today know?

“W-what are you talking about? Well you’re right, we’re more like brothers than friends.” Taehyung stuttered in a vain attempt to avoid what was going to come.

“The way you look at him... this isn’t simple friendship nor brotherhood. I’m not blind, hyung! I watched you today. The way you look at him with loving eyes, the way your expression saddened the moment you looked around the house, probably imagining their newlywed life, even the way you touched Jimin hyung, it was all so obvious. Okay, I confess, I doubted myself first. Thinking I was maybe just reading too much into it but when you refused to be called by the name only Jimin hyung calls you... I might not be a genius like Namjoon hyung but I can count one and one together.”

Jungkook had hit the bullseye.

Taehyung had never confessed his feelings to anyone. Not even his best friend. Well, especially not his best friend!
As long as no one knew, he could pretend like it didn’t exist.

Or at least that’s what he had thought in the beginning. He had too much pride to confess a love he knew would never come real; because Jimin was his best friend and because Jimin had already found the one he searched for and that wasn’t him. It was easier to keep it to himself all the while.

But now a guy that knew him for not even 24 hours shall have seen right through him and know everything about it?! And even telling him it was obvious?

“Do the others know, too?” Taehyung asked weakly.

Jungkook looked at him softly. “I don’t think that Jimin hyung knows. He’s a bit dense when it’s about himself. I’m not sure about Hobi hyung though; he’s usually quick on the uptake but keeps things to himself anyway most of the time. But judged by the way Yoongi hyung treats you I’d say he knows.”

“Yoongi hyung knows?!” Taehyung shrieked. This was terrible! When he told Jimin it would be a catastrophe.

“Don’t worry, he won’t say anything even if he knows. He somehow adores you, I think.” Jungkook tried to calm him. “He knows that you’re Jimin’s most important friend and that Jimin hyung would probably do anything to protect you as far as I can say even from Yoongi. As long as you stay in line and don’t try to break them apart, Yoongi hyung won’t ever harm you.”

“Ha! It’s not like I didn’t try.” Taehyung mumbled but Jungkook seemed to have heard him anyway.

“I think those were only half-hearted attempts, no? I think you’re not able to actually hurt Jimin hyung. Isn’t that also the reason you kept your feelings to yourself? To not hurt Jimin hyung by putting him in a dilemma?”

“You sound as if you know all about me but you don’t have a clue! You don’t know what kind of person I am so don’t jump to all those conclusions.  Not everyone is as heroic as you think. I’m just plain egoistical in not wanting to get hurt, so don’t say anything to anyone about all this, got it?”

Jungkook shook his head. “I won’t say anything.” It looked like he wanted to add something else but decided against it and just shrugged his shoulders.

“Thanks.” Taehyung mumbled, trusting in Jungkook’s hearing ability to understand him.

The younger sighed and ruffled his hair on the back of his head, looking over to the bunnies that were peacefully munching on hay again. Taehyung did the same and kept quiet afterwards. They sat in silence for quite some time, each of them engaged in their own thoughts.

After a while Taehyung could feel Jungkook’s gaze on him. He let him stare for a while before he finally looked up. “What?”

Jungkook just shrugged his shoulders and smiled at him. “Want to play some video games?”

Talk about pretending as if nothing happened. Taehyung was glad for the change in topic though. He had hit it off with the younger really well in the morning and this little episode had threatened to come between them already. Jungkook seemed to have noticed that too and probably searched for a way to get back to their start. Taehyung still wanted to get to know the other better

Taehyung looked over to the stereo where four green digits showed him that it was currently 03:08am. It had really gotten late.

“It’s three in the morning.” Taehyung said, nodding his chin in the direction of the stereo.

Jungkook followed his gaze and looked at the time, taking in a breath in surprise but looking back at him all the while with a smile on his face. “And? Oh wait, are you perhaps already tired? Well, I guess this happens when you’re getting older.”

In this moment Taehyung was really grateful that Jungkook had found a way to lighten the atmosphere again. He really wanted to get to know the younger better – and teach him some manners along the way.

“No, of course not! I just thought it was the perfect time to show you what skill is and teach you some respect for your elders.”

Jungkook just laughed and brought out the needed equipment. When he had set everything he turned to Taehyung sporting one of the mischievous grins on his face.

“Please show me what you’ve got, Taehyungie hyungnim.” Jungkook said while he pushed the play button at the same time, leaving Taehyung no chance to even protest against the nickname if he didn’t want to lose.

🕳️🕳️🕳️🕳️🕳️🕳️💜🌹💜🕳️🕳️🕳️🕳️🕳️🕳️

How was it? I know, I promise this night will have an end - I just don't know when yet😉

Btw don't forget it's Mother's Day tomorrow😄 Make sure to express your gratitude and feelings to your mothers!! - and fathers, if you don't celebrate father's Day separatedly 🌹💕

That's it from me for now
ByeBye🌹