Chapter 39

Annyeong~

I hope everyone is doing fine after the last few chapters... 😉
I'm not gonna hold you up with a long intro, so here's the next chapter!

⁺       ˚
.  *     ✦     .      ⁺   .⁺       ˚
.  *   ✦     .      ⁺   .
.      ⁺        ⁺

Taehyung woke up snuggled against a warm body and for a moment he sprawled his own comfortably against the source of warmth before reality crashed down on him. The person next to him wasn’t Jungkook. Jungkook had left.

Taehyung took a moment to let the thought sink in and get accustomed to the pain before he looked up, expecting Jimin to lie next to him. To his surprise it was Yoongi though, sleeping soundly with his mouth open, an arm draped loosely around Taehyung’s shoulder. The latter smiled weakly at the picture and made an internal note to thank the elder later.

He got up silently and turned to dress himself. He hesitated for a moment when he noticed he was still in Jungkook’s room but then he opened the closet, pulling out a pair of jogging pants and one of Jungkook’s favourite oversized hoodies, swiftly putting them on before he exited the bedroom, leaving behind the still sleeping Yoongi.

Walking through the living room Taehyung spotted the bunnies in their cage and he took a detour to go and feed them and pat them a little, relishing in the feeling of their smooth fur and just their overall cuteness. Watching the two fluffballs Taehyung slowly formed a decision. Once he gathered enough strength he went for the kitchen where noise came from.

Jimin was there, talking with someone on the phone while mixing ingredients together but looked up as soon as Taehyung entered the room. Jimin gave him an inspecting look from head to toe and seemed content enough to not hang up immediately.
Taehyung must look like shit but at least he wasn’t at the verge of breaking apart anymore. Letting it all out in Jimin's arms and a good long nap helped wonders, though Taehyung was aware of the stinging pain that poked at his heart from time to time to remind him it could return at any time with full force.

“Hey hyung I call you back later, okay? Tell me though if you hear something.” There was a small pause when Jimin listened to the reply. “Right. Thanks hyung! See you later!”

“Who was it?” Taehyung asked, reaching for a bowl of strawberries that lied on the table grabbing a handful of the sweet fruits.

“Seokjinnie hyung.” Jimin simply said, knocking Taehyung’s fingers away as he tried to get some more strawberries. Taehyung knew they had talked about him. He wouldn’t be surprised if Seokjin and Namjoon would appear at his door more regularly the next few weeks. Seokjin had always felt responsible for him ever since he was his babysitter and Namjoon just adapted to it once they had been introduced. By now Namjoon was babying him just as much as Seokjin.

“What about that?” Taehyung asked, pointing towards Jungkook’s room where Yoongi still slept in.

Jimin shrugged his shoulders. “I didn’t want to leave you alone, you know, waking up in an empty bed again. And you seemed to calm down whenever Yoongi was near so I put him there.”

Taehyung chuckled by the image of Jimin sticking Yoongi under the covers, forcing him to lie still besides the snuggling, half naked Taehyung. Jimin’s face lightened up by the sound and Taehyung realised how much he had worried his friend. He grabbed his hand and squeezed it in silent thanks. Jimin wordlessly squeezed it back.

“Yoongi actually would have preferred to cook and to be honest I think he would have done an even better job than me but you were clearly calmer with him by your side. Interesting, if you think about it.”