Chapter 36

Annyeong~

It's Saturday again!! And you know what that means... Updates!
Btw, I just counted the Saturdays left this year - without today there are six left... I kinda wonder if I will finish Moving still this year or if six chaps are not enough... Well, we'll see😁😘

Enjoy and have a great weekend! 💕💜

___________________________________________________

“Who is it?” Jimin asked when Taehyung kept staring at the display.

“It’s Kookie...”

“So why aren’t you picking up?” Jimin wanted to know, watching him curiously.

“I’m nervous.” Taehyung answered truthfully, still staring at his phone as if it threatened to explode soon.

“So you’ll just let it ring?”

Taehyung couldn’t answer. He himself didn’t know what he wanted to do. For one he was really nervous to speak with Jungkook after all he just realized thanks to Jimin. On the other hand he really wanted to pick up and see why the younger was calling him. In all this time he got to know Jungkook he never had called Taehyung first, even text messages were usually started by Taehyung – as far as he got to know though he could call himself lucky that the younger even replied his texts because he normally wouldn’t care to do so. Therefore he was very curious as to what got the younger worked up enough to call. Though this again made him afraid of the reason for Jungkook’s call since Taehyung left him in a bad state to go out with Jimin. Was he worried where he still was or just abgry enough to finally let it out on him?

Contemplating over what to do Jungkook gave up and the phone suddenly went silent; the notification of a missed call staring back at Taehyung like a snake ready to bite him at the slightest movement.

“You seriously ignored him?!” Jimin exclaimed but Taehyung wasn't paying attention to his friend who kept on complaining. He was thinking too hard of whether he should call Jungkook back or not. Would it seem strange? But then again, did he even have enough courage to do so? What if Jungkook really was upset? Even more so after the ignored call, he could have misunderstood...

“You should see yourself, Taehyungie.” He heard Jimin say. The change from nagging to affection in Jimin’s tone made him look up. He must have looked pretty dumb with his blank face as Jimin chuckled and cupped his cheek in his hand, thumb caressing the soft skin.

“Now look at you, you pretty fool. How can you not have realised the difference yourself. You look so love struck and troubled right now... you sure fell hard!”

Taehyung’s heart pumped way too fast but it wasn’t caused by Jimin’s hand on his cheek like one would suppose when their assumed crush did do something intimate and lovingly. No, it was caused by his words. How could he have been so blind to not realise his own feelings all this time?

“Jiminie, what should I do?” Taehyung asked searching for Jimin’s eyes in hope of an answer. But the other just shrugged and retrieved his hand.

“What do you want to do?”

Taehyung was spared an answer as his phone rang again, making Taehyung jump in his seat. A quick glimpse of the caller ID confirmed Taehyung’s guess and he once again looked at Jimin in need of an advice on what to do.

“You seriously... you not gonna pick up again?! He’s probably fucking worried by now! It’s been hours since we left.”

“Why should he be worried, he knows I’m out with you.”

“Exactly! I don’t know what exactly you told him but by the looks I’ve gotten from him he seems to know something about your stupid crush on me. And now you took off with me to get wasted and probably haven’t updated him on what’s going on the whole time. Of course he’s worried sick – in more than one way.” Jimin burst.

He was right! Taehyung took the phone to answer the call but his thumb kept floating over the accept button, slightly trembling out of nervousness, not able to press down and slide it to the right.

“For god’s sake,” Jimin groaned, “just give it to me!” Jimin demanded and held his hand out. Taehyung hesitated, not sure if it was such a good idea to let his drunk, upset best friend answer his biyfriend's call but Jimin snatched it out of his hands anyway. Taehyung neither missed the glint in Jimin’s eyes as he noticed Taehyung’s anxious face nor the grin he tried to hide as he accepted the call... Instantly he was afraid of what was about to happen.

“Heeey Jungkookieee! Whaz upp?” Jimin lulled, sounding way more drunk than he just had a few seconds ago in the serious talk he had had with Taehyung. He looked at Jimin interrogatory but the other just signalled Tae to keep silent as he listened.

“Taehyungie? He’s right here.” Jimin giggled as he stood up and walked around the table to actually plop down on Taehyung’s lap.

“Ooff Jiminie! What the fuck're you doing?!” Taehyung asked sounding rather strained thanks to the extra weight and having to balance it somehow on his thighs so Jimin wouldn’t fall to the ground on top of it. Though they weren’t as drunk as Jimin made them sound like they also weren’t exactly sober so both their motor ability wasn’t at its peak.

There was a giggle from Jimin as he listened to whatever Jungkook had said and then he snuggled against Taehyung. “Mmm, he’s looking after me so well. He’s seriously the best! I should have taken him instead of that dickhead of your cousin.”

“Jiminie...” Taehyung’s voice was clogged by now as Jimin put his arm around his neck a little too tight. He didn’t know what exactly Jimin was planning but it took dangerous routes. Jungkook didn’t know about Taehyung’s true feelings – the ones he himself had recognized only a few minutes ago. Therefore Jungkook would get the wrong idea of what was happening for sure and who knew how that would end.

But Jimin didn’t seem to care about his concerns as he leaned further and further back until Taehyung had to sling his arms around his waist so he wouldn’t fall off.

“Ughh... Jiminie you’re heavy!” Taehyung groaned. He almost let go of Jimin as he saw the glint apparent in his eyes again.

“Ah sorry, KOOKIE~” Jimin accentuated Taehyung’s petname for Jungkook, “his hands are too busy right now so he can’t take the phone.” Taehyung could swear Jimin specifically made his voice sound hot and bothered.

This time Taehyung let go of Jimin deliberately as he realised what the other was doing, feeding Jungkook with false impressions. Jimin plopped to the ground, groaning. “Fuck- Tae! Ah! You shouldn’t..!”

Now that he knew what Jimin did he noticed just how wrong all of this sounded for someone who couldn’t see them. Additionally, Jungkook knew about Taehyung’s ‘crush’, he knew about Jimin’s anger towards Yoongi and that the two of them had gone out wasted... He was prone to draw the wrong conclusions.

Taehyung got on the floor as well, straddling Jimin in the process to get his phone back. Jimin was faster though. As soon as he saw Taehyung move he hung up the phone, grinning at him.

“The fuck, Jiminie!” Taehyung yelled. “What have you just done?!”