Chapter 12

“How about that boyfriend right beside you?” Jimin asked, pointing at Jungkook.

Jimin burst out laughing when he saw the identically surprised expressions on Taehyung’s and Jungkook’s faces, mouth hanging, and eyes wide open.

Jungkook was the first to collect himself again. He cleared his throat and shifted a bit around in his seat but still staying close to Taehyung. He turned around to study the elder's profile intendly.

Taehyung finally snapped out of it too and managed a little laugh.

“Yah~ that’s insane Jimin! Kookie and me, we know each other for only three weeks, you can’t expect that we move together after such a short time. I mean how long did it take you and Yoongi hyung?”

“My relationship is not the issue here, you know how much Yoongi loves his freedom. You never knew your roommates beforehand but still managed to make really good friends with them. You’re personality gets along with almost anyone so it'll be okay. Also...” Jimin began, taking a little break to emphasize his words better, “you say three weeks are a short time, but it was long enough to get into a relationship. If it's enough to start dating it's also enough to live together. And I guess you’re not total strangers to each other after all.” Jimin smirked.

This kind of took the wind out of Taehyung's sails. Thankfully this wasn’t only about him.

“Okay, leaving this entire question about time aside for now, you do realise Jungkook has his own life, do you? I mean he’s already got a home, he can’t just move in with me.”

Jimin actually seemed to have forgotten about that and was now considering the options. Taehyung was already celebrating his victory silently when the fatal blow came from an unexpected side.

“Actually it would be quite convenient right now.” Jungkook confessed. “That is, if pets are allowed?” He added, looking at Taehyung in question.

The elder contemplated shortly if he should deny it, saying pets were prohibited just to get out of this situation.
However, when he took a look at Jungkook he actually considered what it would mean to live with for a moment. Would it be that bad?
After all they got along well and it’s not like they promised each other something by moving together or as if they got official. They were still free to do whatever they wanted since they were not actually dating. Just roommates - who pretended to be a thing in front of Jimin...

Jimin took it upon himself to destroy his last chance to escape. “Yes, they are! As long as your pets are small and not toxic there shouldn’t be any problem, Jungkook. So you actually want to move together? To be honest I brought it up more as a joke, I wanted to embarrass the two of you a little. I didn’t know you were already that far in your relationship.”

The remark made Jungkook shift uncomfortably in his seat. Taehyung couldn’t help himself but smile warmly over the cute shyness of the younger.

“It’s just a convenient moment right now, that’s all.” Jungkook finally said.

“Sure, sure.” Jimin just hummed.

However Taehyung’s curiosity was awakened by the other’s statement. “How so?”

Jungkook took a quick look at him before he ruffled his own hair and sighed. “The landlady gave me the slip last month. Said something about new regulations and that animals aren’t allowed anymore. Told me to get lost of my pets or pack my things.”

“You can’t give them away!” Taehyung interrupted Jungkook enraged.

“I know, I don’t have the heart to do it either. Luckily the landlady likes me so I could convince her to let me stay until I found something affordable but she won’t wait forever. Therefore I’m a bit in a tight right now...”

“Mm! We should do it then! Let’s move together.” Taehyung stated excitedly.

“Call!” Jungkook agreed, giving him a toothy smile that reminded Taehyung of the endangered bunnies in Jungkook’s care. No way would he allow anyone to take them away from their loving owner.

Taehyung was just suggesting on where they could place the cage – not that Jungkook had any idea if it was any good or not since he had never seen Taehyung’s place – when they were reminded of Jimin’s presence when he giggled.

“You two are so cute, really! You suit each other so well.” He said, endeared by the sight.

The sting Taehyung felt was not as bad as expected, mostly because Jungkook was still so close to him that his whole side was touching him. After Jimin's comment he put a hand on his thigh. Taehyung was thankful for that and decided to let himself just dive in; he slung an arm around Jungkook's shoulder and bumped their heads together.

“Of course we are, after all we’re both so good looking!” Taehyung grinned, bringing his hand up and placing his chin between his outstretched thumb and index finger, looking as smug as possible.
Jungkook followed his example on spot. They really went well together.

The pillow Jimin had hugged so far came flying their way; at least it wasn’t the tambourine this time. They blocked it and the next instant were all over each other, acting worried the other's handsome face might have gotten hurt. Taehyung had to admit Jungkook reacted great to his little skits he initiated.

Jimin fell off the sofa from laughing too hard on the other side and got up groaning.

“You two will be such a hassle to deal with! Seriously, you’ll make me age ten times faster when you’re together!” he sighed.

Jungkook and Taehyung just laughed.

**

They had joked around some more and actually sang some songs since they already were at a karaoke bar. Turned out that Jungkook had a really nice voice. But Jimin and Taehyung had a good set of vocal chords themselves and didn’t hold back.

Jungkook had excused himself a moment ago and went for the toilet. Taehyung slipped out right after him, now waiting in front of the bathroom door.

Jungkook was surprised when he saw Taehyung waiting for him but just smiled at him.

“What is it, hyung?” he asked softly after he saw the expression on the elder’s face who was avoiding his eyes.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and finally looked up.

“Are you alright? I mean with this whole mess I created today. First pretending to be boyfriends then moving in together... it’s really such a mess! If you’re in the slightest uncomfortable you just need to say a word and I will-“

Taehyung stopped midsentence when the younger stepped closer and put a quick peck on his lips to stop his rambling.

“Great, I actually found a way to make you shut up.” Jungkook snickered. Taehyung already wanted to protest when Jungkook leaned in again to peck his lips once more. It sure was effective in silencing him, that much was true.

Jungkook took a little step back, only a small one though and smiled at him.

“I told you I’d be grateful to move in, I gain as much from it as you. And about the pretend boyfriends... does it really have to be ‘pretend’? Jungkook asked, searching the others eyes.