Chapter 13

“I told you I’d be grateful to move in, I gain as much from it as you. And about the pretend boyfriends... does it really have to be ‘pretend’? Jungkook asked, searching the other's eyes.

Taehyung was taken by surprise and threatened to drown in Jungkook’s deep stare that captivated him. He meant what he had said. And Taehyung was tempted to give in, take the great guy in front of his eyes and claim as his. But that wouldn’t be fair.

Taehyung tore his eyes away and looked quickly in the direction of their room where Jimin was still waiting for them.

Jungkook noticed it, of course. Taehyung was sure the younger would back away since he was clever enough to interpret his gesture and know that he still had feelings for someone else.

But to Taehyung’s surprise he didn’t back away and instead got even closer, letting their bodies touch, taking his chin in his hand and forcing Taehyung to look at him again.

“Don’t.”

“It’s not like I want to!” Taehyung answered angered. “I wish even more than you that I wouldn’t have those stupid feelings, believe me! But... it’s not that easy to forget. I- I just need more time to get over it.”

“Do you want to move on?” Jungkook asked, searching his eyes desperately for the answer.

Taehyung just nodded. He knew Jungkook would get that it’s the truth from his eyes anyway.

“Then let me help you. The fastest way to forget an old love is to fall into a new one. Let’s scratch the pretend and become boyfriends for real.” Jungkook said, lips almost touching his, tempting Taehyung to give in.

“It’s not fair for you. I don’t want to start a relationship while being hung up on another man.” Taehyung’s voice was barely a whisper.

Jungkook snorted at that. “Not fair, it’s not fair for Jimin since I’m going to make you fall so hard for me that you won’t ever spare him a second glance again. I’m gonna take you from him and he won’t even realise what he missed out on.”

“Jungkook-ah...”

“No hyung, I mean it. Forget about everything else, I know really well that this is damn crazy since today is the f*king second time we actually met! But please, just tell me if you like me a little bit. Tell me if you feel this attraction, too. Or if I’m just a plain idiot who's imagining things that don’t exist.”

Taehyung kept silent for a moment, thinking hard about what to do. In the end he decided to be honest. “I can't deny that there is something...” Taehyung sighed. “I just don't know how to name it and I really don't know how you managed to awaken these feelings in me since I thought I was such a loyal man. Must be your god damn looks; I always had a thing for handsome guys.”

“You kept your humour, that’s good.” Jungkook chuckled lightly. “Now just say yes already so I can kiss you.”

“As if you ever asked for permission until yet.” Taehyung retorted sarcastically.

Jungkook smiled and shrugged his shoulders. “I did ask actually. Just, this time it’s even more important to hear your answer.”

Taehyung tried to think about it. Tried to make a reasonable decision but his brain was all jumbled up.

In the meantime Jungkook slowly got nervous again and started to chew on his lower lips. It was adorable and at the same time Taehyung just wanted to kiss those lips, put them out of their misery only so he could bite them himself.

He smiled when he realised what he was thinking about. Damn it all, did he really need another reason to go along with it?!

Jungkook raised an eyebrow as if to ask what was amusing him. Taehyung liked that he had the upper hand in this situation. The younger was tough and dominated their conversation so far but in this very moment he was so nervously fretting over what possible answer he might get that Taehyung couldn’t help but feel his heart expand for him.