Chapter 3

“And it's really not a prank? I still think you already knew each other and are now trying to trick us!” Jimin declared for the n-th time.

“You know I would have introduced and at the very least mentioned him to you a long time ago in this case, don’t you my dear Jiminie, my bff, bestest of my best friends, my brother, my soulmate who I can't keep secrets from!?”

“You using so many pet names makes you way more suspicious, my dearest soulmate.” Jimin retorted. “But I guess you have a point. You like to share good things so you would have told me a lot about him.”

“What if we planned this all along? Since the first day we met?” Jungkook suggested, to make Jimin doubt it again. It worked.

“Taehyungie IS a good actor. He could actually pull this off only to have his fun with me... Arrgh! Taehyung tell me the truth! ” he demanded, what made Jungkook and Taehyung grin at each other.

They sat at the dinner table after eating what Jimin had cooked, everyone with a beer in hand except for Jungkook. Taehyung had teased him, if he was even old enough to drink what resulted in Jungkook pulling out his driver license after a heated conversation, proving that he was definitely old enough. This on the other hand caused a little commotion because of the meme photo that showed a Jungkook being clearly caught off guard, big round deer eyes, open mouth and blank expression.
In the end Jungkook passed the beer and chugged down a coke instead.

Right now Taehyung put his empty beer bottle on the table and looked at the clock, that showed 1am. He hadn’t noticed how late it gotten already. It’s not like he had to get up early in the morning since it was Saturday, or rather Sunday by now, but all the physical work he'd done today finally took their toll on him.

He looked over at Jungkook who had seen him glancing at the clock. “Ready to go home?” he asked.

 **

After their return from the supermarket they had noticed that Hoseok was missing. Well, to be honest, they didn’t realise it right away, since they were still too busy goofing around with each other. But when they sat down at the table, ready to eat, they finally noticed his absence.

Yoongi just sneered at them and their perspicacity while Jimin explained that Hobi had gotten a call and had to leave first. “He said to tell you, that you shall enjoy yourself some more.”

“That’s all fine and well, BUT: he was supposed to drive me home! I knew this would happen! That's exactly why I wanted to drive on my own. He always picks me up and then leaves me behind to meet with someone else. How am I supposed to get home now?" Jungkook exclaimed.

"There's a station not even 10 minutes away feom here that drives directly to your neighbourhood. You'll make due." Yoongi answered half-heartedly, knowing well enough it wouldn't end with this.

"I seriously hate to take public transportation, you know that! And he knows that very well, too.” Jungkook retorted, before he changed his expression and looked at Yoongi with big round puppy eyes and an innocent voice: “Hyungnim~”

Said one ignored him sternly, not even looking up. Or maybe well knowingly not looking up, since it was hard to resist those begging eyes. “Forget it.”

“But Hyung!”

“Not a chance. I’m already home, why on earth would I go out just to drive you home?”

“Hyungnim~”

Taehyung saw that Jimin was about to help Jungkook to convince Yoongi. If Jimin had known how to drive he would have offered it long ago but since he didn’t have a license yet it was up to Yoongi. Taehyung had enjoyed the little play and actually had thought of letting it go on some more just to look which of the two cousins would win in the end but then decided to speak up first to put Jimin out of his misery.

“I can drive you, Jungkook.”

All heads turned to Taehyung.

“Eh, really?! ” Jungkook asked him with a bright smile, challenging the relieved one from Jimin while Yoongi looked at him as if he wanted to ask why he didn't say so sooner but was smart enough not to endanger his luck getting out of this conversation smoothly. And surely to not stir up another dispute 3:1 against him.

“Sure. I’m somewhat curious on those 4 junkies.” Taehyung replied to Jungkook, making the both of them laugh out loud while Jimin and Yoongi looked at them as if they had lost their minds.

 **

That's how Taehyung got himself a job as Jungkook's personal driver and why he asked him if he was ready to leave.

Jungkook nodded at him, shuffling to stand up. “Yes, it’s gotten quite late already. We should finally go home and let those two lovebirds celebrate their first night in their shared home. I drive.”

Taehyung felt a shape pain when he thought of Jimin and Yoongi. Together. Soing what Jungkook just suggested.
That's why it took him some time to realise what he said after. But when he finally noticed he couldn't sit still.

“Eh?! It’s my car, why should you drive?!" he asked while standing up abruptly.

“Cause I’m sober.” Jungkook said grinning.

“Yah! I’m sober, too! I had only one beer! I don’t get drunk on one beer! Especially when I ate so much!”

“One beer is still one more than none. You should be thankful hyung, now you can relax in the passenger seat, enjoying the view while I drive you home safely.”

“Yah~ You can soon relax and enjoy the view from a train seat if you go on like that. And it’s not like you drive me home anyway but we go to your house first. I have to drive back to mine after anyway.”

“You know Taehyungie, I think he’s right.” Jimin. Damn it, of course Jimin had to speak up too.
He was a worrywart after allalways had been and wished for nothing more than everyone being safe and sound.

Judging by the smirk that appeared on Jungkook’s face, the little rascal, he knew this all just too well and had planned it all along. Why else would he have rejected the beer when he had been the one carrying it all the way back! And why else would he have asked to drive while Jimin was still around, more like right next to them!

“You planned this!” he accused Jungkook, whose smile grew wider.

“It’s not my fault that you drink when you still have to drive. Safety first. Now Taehyungie hyung, please give me the keys.” Jungkook said deliberately using Jimin's nickname for him He winked at him while he outstretched his hand, holding it open, awaiting the keys.
For sure he had planned it.

While he still threw death glares at Jungkook he felt Jimin shuffle beside him and sure enough, soon after touching his arm to get his attention.

“I really think Jungkookie should drive. At least until you’re at his home. You’ll have time to sober up until then.” Jimin said, looking at him with that face Taehyung couldn’t bear to say no to.

“I AM sober.” Taehyung tried to defend himself one last time, but his voice was weak. He knew, he would lose this battle.

“Taehyungie, please! Be reasonable. Jungkookie is completely sober, so it’s way saver to let him drive. You know, I’ll worry too much to be able to sleep when you go like this now.”

He had lost. Jimin’s consoling smile and Jungkook’s smug one told him clearly.

“You’re gonna pay for this!” Taehyung said to Jungkook, while rummaging his pocket for the car key.

“Sure, sure” Jungkook hummed, obviously very pleased with himself.

"Let's get you home."