Introductions

(Y/N) POV

I took a deep breath before entering the room with Ukio. It was a while since I battled someone. But that doesn't mean I haven't been training. I took out Xcalius from my pocket. It was the original, before Xeno Xcalius was invented. And the original is always better then the sequel.

Shu's POV

After Ukio aka the 'Shadow Walker' was done with his introductions (which resulted in Valt and Honcho creeped out), a girl walked into the room. Her (h/c) hair was kept back in two space buns, except for a handful of bangs. She donned a white, ripped shirt, revealing a red undershirt, all covered by crimson jacket with gold accents, that didn't quite reach her black shorts with a golden strip.Her (e/c) eyes were sparkling as she walked into the room, her scarlet and black Converses thudding against the wood. Something about her seemed different though...

(Also, this outfit will be worn throughout the story, unless there's a special event going on, since all of the characters wear the same thing)

'(y/n)? What are you doing here?' asked Xander, perplexed. The girl shrugged.

'Just came to see the competition,' said the girl. 'You know I'm competing at Nationals this year.'

'Then I'll introduce then,' he turned back to us. 'Everyone, this is my cousin, (y/n) (l/n). She's competing at Nationals this year.'

'Really Xander?' said Honcho squinting his eyes. 'Do she even take beyblade seriously?'

'Yes,' replied (y/n). 'She does.'

'Um, anyway, that's Valt, Honcho, Ken, Daigo and Shu,' introduced Xander, pointing at each one of us in turn. (y/n) eyes landed on me last. They lingered for a second before turning back to all of us. 

'I don't know Xander, are you sure she's your cousin?' asked Valt. 'I mean, she's average height and you're, like, woah!'

Xander laughed loudly. 'Yeah, I get that a lot,' he explained. 'But, we are cousins, believe it or not.'

They were cousins, I could tell. Both of their face shape shared similarities, same with the way they walk and talk. But there was something else, something familiar...

'Shu? You alright there buddy?' asked Valt, noticing me frowning.

'I don't know what it is, but something about (y/n) seems familiar...'

'Seriously, Shu? You don't remember?' said Xander blinking in disbelief. '(y/n), you, Valt and I all went to kindergarten together. Then when we moved, (y/n) was one of the first ones to pick up blading. She and Lui Shirosagi used to go toe-to-toe every final, each battle being better than the last.'

'But I didn't see you there last tournament,' I frowned.

'That's because there was, um, an incident there that I don't want to talk about,' said (y/n) coldly. 

'Anyways, what about a battle Xander?' said (y/n), excitedly, changing modes quickly as if that conversation had never happened. 'It's been a while since I've versed Xeno Xcalius.'

'Sure,' grinned Xander. 'Always ready to take you on.'

Valt's POV

'This won't take long,' I said. 'Xander just mopped the floor with me in one hit.' 

'Ha! See, there's where you're wrong,' exclaimed Yugo.'Just wait and see.'

Both beys got launched into the stadium. Both beys were mirroring each other's move.

'Oh...it's an attack type like Xcalius!'

'It's the original Xcalius, but still...the movements are so much quicker and much more powerful.'

'Xcalius, go!' yelled (y/n). 'Suspend launch!'

The two beys collided, but Xcalius sent Xeno Xcalius flying, then it burst. 

'What. Just. Happened?' I gaped. Xander was so strong, yet (y/n) knocked Xeno Xcalius away effortlessly. 

'You see Valt, when the two beys collided, (y/n) activated Xcalius' special ability,' explained Shu. 'This certain Xcalius' performance tip is slightly shorter than others, so when it hit Xeno Xcalius, it suspended up, to knock Xeno Xcalius up into the air and burst it. That's because Xcalius spins on a small stick, and the rest of the performance tip can move up and down it, activating Suspend Launch.'

'Wow, somebody actually gets it for once,' smiled (y/n). 'It's Shu, right? We went to kindergarten, remember?'

'Sort of..'

'Guys, it's been real, but it's time to go home,' Xander interrupted. 'We'll see you next weekend, right?'

------------

First chapter done! I'm trying not to escalate things too quickly. You and Shu will start out as friends, then turn into something more. Also, I'm going to be following the storyline of the episodes. Please vote!