The last battle

Have you ever noticed, that whenever Lui arrives, or does something evil or scary, or is in a dramatic scene, there's like this evil music playing? Has anybody else noticed that?

Valt's POV 

Without waiting for anyone's opinion, I rushed up onto the stage, ready to face Lui again. Lui was walking up the stairs, a determined expression on his face (A/N and cue the evil lui music xD). This time I didn't bother to smack talk Lui. I needed to focus.

I took a deep breath, and did my usual stance. If we hit it straight on again, we'll be toast, I thought. But we've gotta give it one more shot! I know Valtryek and I can do this! We have what it takes to beat Lui!

'You made a big mistake asking for a rematch,' sneered Lui. 'It's gonna cost your team and your reputation. At least Shu and (y/n) didn't lose to me.'

'Yeah? Well you didn't burst my bey....like it was supposed too.'

His jaw tightened, and I knew I had struck a nerve. I grinned. I tightened my grip around the launcher, but a jolt of pain shot up my arm. I let out a pained grunt.

'Ready? Set! 3 2 1! Let it rip!'

But just as I launched, left hand wavered, messing up my launch. I watched in dread, waiting for Valtryek to stop spinning....but it didn't happen. In a way, it made Valtryek better. Valtryek was wilder and more fiercer, bouncing of walls and gathering up speed and power. Lui gasped, realizing this too. It dodge Luinor's attack. I let out a sigh of relief. Valtryek was safe. For now. Valtryek hit the wall again, getting more speed and power.

'That's it!' I cried out happily. 'Hit it with everything you've got!'

'Run away little lamb,' Lui whispered, grinning insanely. 

'Oh yeah?' I said. 'Keep it up!'

'Ha!' he snorted. 'Save your breath! There's no escaping from us!' 

Luinor was closing in on Valtryek. This was it chance to strike.

'We're coming for you!' I yelled, jabbing a finger in Lui's direction. 'It's time! Ultra Flash Launch!'

Valtryek zoomed along the metal rim, leaving Luinor in the dust. Valtryek zoomed around the stadium at lightning speed, until Luinor and Valtryek were locked in a head-to-head collision. 

'Now Lost Spiral!'

I gasped as Luinor performed it's special move. I know I saw it before, but this time it was even more powerful...it moved in ways I didn't know was possible, doing a relentless barrage on Valtryek. 

'No! C'mon Valtryek!' I shouted. A blue aura erupted arround me, and Valtryek charged along side with me.

'Luinor!' Lui yelled. 'Lost Spiral!'

Blue and purple icy flames engulfed Lui, and a bony dragon appeared at Luinor's side. Luinor'S trajectory changed, moving into a better, fiercer position, to do Lost Spiral. I held my breath as Lost Spiral and Ultra Flash Launch moved towards a collision course. They both hit each other, and an almighty gush of wind blew through the stadium. The smoke cleared and we were left with the result.

Valtryek was sent up in the air in three different pieces, and it seemed like an hour that is what like that. When Valtryek hit the floor, the shock of realization turned into sadness. Valtryek had burst. Lui had won. I had lost.

'I-I-I lost?' I stammered.

'Obviously,' snorted Lui. I gasped and trembled as he smirked evilly, staring into me like he knew the destruction he had caused. He turned on his heel, and walked away, leaving the arena, cackling. I slumped down. It was over. All over. Lui had won with a burst finish. Rideout had won the battle. Rideout had won the tournament. 

The way he had won, the way he had burst my bey, the way he had cackled and smirked then left was stuck replaying in my head. Like...it was all I could think about. I blinked up and suddenly I was standing up with the rest of my team, ready to collect our silver medals.

'Did we...' I trailed off, looking down. 'Did we really lose?'

A dainty hand touched my shoulder. It was (y/n).

'Go easy on yourself,' she whispered gently. 'There's always the individuals matches, right?'

'True,' said Daigo. 'You still have plenty of chances to prove yourself.'

'Definitely,' agreed Shu.

'I know that's what I'm going to do!' Wakiya said proudly.

'And in second place...the Beigoma Academy Bey Club!' Hanami announced. 'Come on up to collect your silver medals!'

'Let's go.'

We started walking towards the stadium. I walked quietly and slowly, lagging behind a bit. My foot caught on my other foot, and suddenly the familiar feeling of a cold hard floor came back to me. I had tripped. Great, add that to my already colossal list of things I screwed up. Probably add the Beyblade National Team Finals. Tears prickled my eyes. If only I had chosen Shu or (y/n)....maybe they could've actually got us a point. It was my fault, being the captain. Two fat tears welled in my eyes, and slowly slid down, leaving a stain. Wakiya was right. I wasn't a good captain. If Shu, or (y/n), or anybody else...even Wakiya....if anybody else had been captain...maybe we could've won. Maybe they could've beat Lui....more tears kept on sliding down. I sniffled and looked up and the disappointed faces of my friends. I couldn't help it. I started crying, my sobs echoing throughout the arena.

-------------

Lui's POV 

The sound of crying reached my ears. I stopped. Without turning back to look, I knew it was him. It was Valt. I smirked a little. Finally that brat got taught a lesson. He came up on the stage, thinking he was so great, so fired up, only to lose it all in a burst finish. Such a great captain, sending himself in again when other people had a better chance. My smirk widened, and I started walking again to my training room. Now I just have to deal with Shu and (y/n)....

------------

Valt's POV 

'No!!!' I cried. I didn't care I was crying on National TV. I just wanted to let all my emotions out. I just wanted to cry and cry until I died. Honcho  crouched down and patted my back, but it didn't make it any better.

'Let's go get our silver medals,' Wakiya said, with a hint of disgust at the silver part. I cried even harder, snot and saliva dribbling all over my face. I had let down everyone on my team.

'Come on!' (y/n) said, yelling slightly. 

Shu walked towards me.

'Stand up!' he demanded. I lifted my head slowly to stare at his determined face, and I realized he had to claw his way back even more than I have to do. He lost in the finals, after all the hard work. And he still didn't lose it on TV. He just walked away, with thoughts of beating Lui and motivation in his mind. I set my jaw, and stood up, wiping away my tears and lifting my chin.

Lui was going down in the individuals.

---------------

WOOHOO! The team battles are finally done! Now onto the individuals! In a week, I might not be able to publish chapters at all, but more information will come about that soon!

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 1203