An Interruption

Your POV 

I twisted my hands nervously, waiting for the fifteen minutes to past. Valt had gone to his battle with Quon, leaving me alone in the waiting room. I took a deep breath, and tried to focus on my upcoming match.

It was against Ken Midori, one of the toughest bladers in the tournament. He had even managed to beat Ben Azukil, which wasn't an easy feat. His bey was a defense type, which meant he had the advantage over Xcalius, an attack type.

'(y/n) (l/n)?' Florence piped up, popping her head into the room. I swallowed and stood up, raising my hand,

'Here!'

'Oh good,' Florence sighed in relief. 'Your cousin wants to see you.'

Xander? I thought. Why would Xander want to speak to me?

As confused as I was, I still went out to the foyer to talk to Xander.

'Xander,' I called out. I scanned the foyer, but it was completely deserted. Even the officer had gone. I couldn't see the familiar sight of a giant with red hair. 'Xander? If this is a prank, it's not funny.'

'Oh it is very funny,' a female voice cackled from somewhere. I blinked and turned around.

'Wh-'

A flurry of purple knocked into me, and then complete darkness came.

--------------

I groaned and opened my eyes, lifting my head. 

'W-Where am I?' I wondered, gazing at my surroundings. I was sitting on a chair in a dark, musty old room. My eyes adjusted and I could see a mop, a bucket and some gloves. But I couldn't see anything, or anyone else. 'Is anybody the- AH!'

Somebody from behind had clamped their hand over my mouth, muffling my voice. I bit their hand, causing them to pull their hand away lightning fast. I looked up frantically, trying to catch a glimpse of who was behind this. Then I remembered. Purple, I recalled. The person that had knocked into me had purpled hair. And who has purple hair and hates me? 

'Momoko,' I spat spitefully. 'What do you want?'

'Close honey, but not quite,' the sickly sweet voice sang. 'Tell me you haven't forgotten your enemy's name?'

Mei?

Mei walked in front of me, and I looked up and down at her. I realized I had forgotten all about her and how she looked like. Her fiery purple eyes were alight with maliciousness, ready to cause some harm. It was hard to see the relation between her and Gingka Hagane. She looked more like Ryuga. 

(She doesn't have the book or powers)

'I can't believe you thought I was Momoko,' scoffed Mei

'I can't believe you thought I was Momoko,' scoffed Mei. 'That little whining fangirl? I'm much more than her. Don't tell me you've forgotten me.'

'Oh, I've been thinking about you,' I glared into her wicked eyes. 'Everytime I walk past an animal, pile of poop, trash, the bin, roadkill.....the list keeps on going.'