Start the Finals

Your POV 

I took a deep breath and stepped outside of the dark hallway, into the smoke and bright lights with the rest of the Bey Club.

'In the red corner, with bottomless determination is the Beigoma Academy Bey Club!' Hanami was announcing. I smiled. They still hadn't changed the name. I glanced across to the opposite side of the stage where Rideout was standing and realized Lui was still not here. Some team player. I could see his teammates whispering to each other, confused. 'This is the finals, folks, doing a five-point system. If the first three bladers don't get five points for their team, the battle goes into extended play!'

-----------------

'Rush it! Crush it! Rush it! Crush it!'

I laughed at a jumpy Valt who was hyped for the finals. 'Yeah, I've got a pretty good feeling myself.'

'So we need to pick the first three,' Daigo said. He turned to Valt. 'Who's going up?'

Valt stopped bouncing and cheering and his facial expression turned from joyful to realization a and seriousness. Wakiya grinned and threw his arm around Valt. 'Valt, make a good choice now.'

'Who, me? Not again...' he trailed off. I face palmed myself. 

'Valt, you're the captain!

'Hey, he needs space, don't pressure the captain!' Honcho barked at Wakiya. 

'No pressure, just trying to make his job easier,' Wakiya smirked, a little too forceful to be genuine grin. Valt nodded.

'Okay! I got it!' he declared. 'Let's have Daigo, Shu and...(y/n)!'

'Huh? You were supposed to pick me!' Honcho and Wakiya cried out. I shrugged.

'Sorry, there isn't enough room.'

I headed over to the scanner and placed my launcher on the black screen. It lit up green, indicating that the scanner had processed everything and it was all fine. Daigo and Shu followed me. Valt then walked up to the scanner and placed his launcher, but the screen went red, rejecting the launcher.

'Huh? What's the deal?' muttered Valt.

'You choose three, remember? Wakiya reminded him, still a little salty of his loss in the roster.

'Huh? Ah! I forgot to include myself!' Valt yelled. Everyone sweatdropped.

'When will you ever learn?'

I started walking up the crisp white stairs, heading to the arena.

'The first competitor against Rideout...is Kyo Sandai, the newest recruit!' Hanami said over the speaker. 'And look who's here to heat things up! It's queen of the castle, (y/n) (l/n)!'

I reached the stadium and gazed all around me. Dozens of cameras flashed, and I could hear people chanting my name. I'm finally here...at the Nationals! I thought excitedly. It seems like we've been at this for ages...this is my last battle as a team! No way am I gonna lose now!

'You ready for this!' I yelled. 'I'm going to win!'

'Ready? Set!'

I took the stance used for Repetition Launch.

'3 2 1! Let it rip!'

I yanked the string as hard as I could, launching the best I ever had. Kyo's bey went straight towards the middle. I smirked. It was perfect for Repetition Launch. Like planned, Xcalius was knocked away, but it gained something from that. Energy, power and speed were all built up.