The Beasts

Valt's POV 

It was lucky me and (y/n) got back to ourselves before the semi-finals. We were facing Ken's team, the Beasts. I looked over the team, choosing who should go up.

'I think...me, Shu and...Honcho!' I said, pointing at each one of them. Wakiya looked horrified. 'Sorry if you didn't get chosen, you three got picked last round, remember?'

'Ugh, fine,' Wakiya said grumpily. 'I'll be a bench warmer this round.'

'And Daigo, (y/n), you're ok with this?' I asked, anxiously. (y/n) grinned and nodded, and Daigo did the same.

'First round we'll go with Honcho. With any luck, it will be up against Ken, so we know all of his moves and you have the type advantage!' I decided. 'Then we'll go with Shu, as a back-up in case Honcho loses.'

'I won't lose!'

'Don't get offended, but you aren't really good. And this is Ken we're talking about. He also knows our moves,' I pointed out. 'Anyways, then Shu will come in. I will go in last.'

We all nodded. Honcho started walking up the stairs. He turned back and grinned at us.

'I won't let you down.'

-------------

Your POV

He let us down. Ken won with a survivor finish, and that was the end.

'And that's why we need a back up plan. Shu, you're up next!' Valt ordered. I smiled. I must say, he's getting good at this leadership thing. Shu, sitting next to me, was about to stand up, when he let out a pained gasped. I was the only one who noticed.

'Hey, you ok?' I asked gently. He looked at me and smiled, clutching his shoulder.

'I'm fine, it's just my shoulder. I think it might've gotten more hurt at Zac's party.'

I gasped. I knew what had happened. He wasn't telling me the whole truth, but I knew Lui had done it. 

'It was Lui, wasn't it?' I said quietly. He nodded grimly. 'You want Valt to take this round?'

'No, I'll be ok,' he said, reassuring me. I must've looked worried, because he spoke again. 'Don't worry. It'll be over in a single hit.

----------

And he was right. One hit, and the opponent burst. Then it was time for the final round. 

'Valt. You realize you'll be up against Ben.'

'Ben? Ben Azuki? Oh, he's the captain!' Valt remembered. 

'There's something unique about his bey,' Daigo spoke up. 'It didn't say why, but apparently it shows it's strength in the middle of the battle.'

'Kay. Then I'll just end it before he has a chance,' Valt said determinedly. He walked up onto the stage and began the fierce battle.

'3 2 1! Let it rip!'

Valtryek and Beast Betromoth slammed  hard into the stadium.

'Huh? What's this?' Wakiya said beside me. I was confused too. Betromoth was slow, so slow that Valtryek kept on hitting it.

'It's happening again! And again! And again!' Hanami cried out. 'But what's this? Looks like Betromoth is starting to speed up, while Valtryek is slowing down!'

'So this must've been what that meant,' I muttered.

'Unlike most beys, Betromoth speeds up half-way during the battle! There's no escaping it!' Ben yelled. This time, the exact same thing happened, except it was a reverse. Valtryek was slowing down.

'It's not over yet! Valtryek!' Valt shouted. A blue aura formed around him, and Valtryek sped up, doing Ultra Flash Launch. It broke off, heading to Betromoth with enormous power and speed. 'Demolish it!'

'No! You will never beat me! Betromoth!' yelled Ben. A purple aura appeared, charging along with Betromoth. The two beys collided, just going and going and going, until Betromoth got launched outside.

'And that's one point with a ring-out finish! Beigoma gets the point, so the Beigoma Academy Bey Club wins and advances to the finals!' the referee declared. I jumped up and down, screaming.

'We did it!' I hugged Shu, crushing the life out of him. But something was wrong. I could tell from his face.

'Listen, I, uh, gotta go do something,' he mumbled. 'I'll catch up with you later.'

'Uh, ok?' I said, confused. I stood there for a minute, before dashing after him.

-----------

Valt's POV 

'Huh? Does anyone know where (y/n) and Shu went?' I asked the rest of the Bey Club. They all shook their heads.

'Probably doing some lovey-dovey thing,' Honcho grumbled. 'Man, I wished I was a chick-magnet like Shu.'

Something was wrong. Very wrong. It wasn't like them to go off on their own.

'Kay, I'm going to go find them!'

I dashed out of the stadium before they could say anything, running towards the park. I panted, stopped, and stared at the figure there.

'Huh? Oh hi Sh-!'

A dark figure, dropped down, covered my mouth with their hand, and dragged me to the top a tree.

'Shh!' it was (y/n).

'Huh? Why did you attack me? What's going on with Shu?'

'I didn't attack you,' (y/n) said, irritated. 'And look! The arm he's launching with!'

We peered down out of the leaves, looking down. He launched, and that's when I realized it.

'H-He's launching? W-With his left hand?'

------------

Sorry I'm so bad at writing battle scenes. Other than that, I think this chapter went good.

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 831