Facing Jormuntor Pt.2

My beautiful pokemon pjs xD

Your POV 

I couldn't help but smile as Shu won with a burst finish. Shu was going to win the next round, and there was nothing Jin could do about it.

'For a while I didn't think it was doing much damage,' said Daigo. 'But it looks like Upper Launch was pushing Jormuntor the whole time.'

'If that's how it's going to be, then get ready for my dark side,' Jin suddenly said to Shu, pulling down his hood and swaying side to side slightly. 'Don't blame me when you start to get creeped out. I've got three hundred and twenty three restless spirits backing me up and you never know what they're going to do.'

A shiver ran through my spine, even though I knew ghosts didn't exist. But could it be true?

'Oh great,' Honcho muttered, scared. 'My second biggest fear after unicorns!'

'Is that a threat or something?' frowned Valt. 'Can't scare us so easy!'

'Second battle!'

Both bladers took their signature stance, concentrating hard.

'Ready? Set!'

'3 2 1!'

A flash of light was suddenly thrown across the stadium. I let out a pained gasp and blinked, but the light had disappeared.

'Let it rip!'

I gasped when Spryzen wobbly landed in the stadium, wavering. Jormuntor came in, and knocked Spryzen across the stadium effortlessly. And that was it.

'Jumbo Jormunto with a ring-out finish!' the referee called.

'Huh? What happened?' Valt said, confused.

'Did any of you guys see the flash of light?' I asked, looking for any signs of recognition on their faces. There was none.

'No,' Daigo admitted. 'Are you sure you weren't seeing things, like at school?'

'I-I don't know. You're probably right,' I said. 'But I hope Shu's okay!'

We watched nervously to see what was happening. Shu held his hand over his right eye, the other gazing out to the crowd. I could see he was thinking and concentrating intensely. He took out his launcher. I inhaled tensely. He was changing up his launch, changing his grip to a dominant hand one. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, falling into his usual stance. I waited for him to open his eyes. He didn't. Jin let out an alarmed breath.

'What's happening?' everyone around me asked, confused. 

'Look's like he is going to start the battle with his eyes closed!' Valt cried out, alarmed. But I smiled. You've got this, Shu.

'Ready? Set!'

'3 2 1!'

Then it happened again. A bright light flashed across the arena. I heard two gasps near me, and I knew Toko and Nika had seen it as well.

'Let it rip!'

I let out a sigh of relief. Shu had nailed that launch. Plus, closing his eyes had given him a huge power boost. It charged towards Jormuntor, sparks flying. 

'Okay, Spryzen! Now!' Shu's eyes glittered before a huge monster erupted, fiery red flames surrounding him. 'Finish it!'

'Knock it out of there, Jormuntor!' Purple, evil, mysterious flames covered Jin, and a poisonus snake appeared, spinning along with Jormuntor.

The two fired up beys collided, and I bit my lip again. Spryzen knocked Jormuntor up in the air, and Jormuntor bursted within seconds.

'Storm Spryzen wins with a burst finish! The score is three-to-one! Shu Kurenai wins!'

I stood up, cheering wildly. But as I was happy, I knew there was still something amiss here.

-----------------

'It was definitely somewhere around here,' I muttered, stepping over chairs. 'Toko, Nika, you saw it too, right?'

'Yeah!' they both agreed simultaneously. 'We thought so too.'

'You saw it shining right?' I asked Valt and Honcho. They both nodded.

'Look!' Daigo suddenly called out, pointing a dark object. We all rushed to a staircase landing. A laser pointer, attached to a black camera on a small platform had been knocked over.

'What is it?' Valt gaped.

'I'm guessing it's a long range device,' Daigo suggested. 'It's also attached to a laser pointer....I get it. This must be what blinded Shu during the match.'

'Huh? That's playing dirty!' exclaimed Valt, fists shaking. He turned around, about to run off. 'I gotta go find Jin!'

But Daigo's pale hand clutched onto Valt's hand.

'Wait!'

'Let me go, what are you doing?' Valt struggled, trying to get free.

'He didn't do it.'

'Alright you lost me!' Honcho said. 'Who else could've-'

'It wasn't him,' Daigo interrupted. 'Trust me on this one. I know 'cuz I talked to him...right before the match.'

We all listened in confusion as Daigo told us his story.

'Jin wasn't lying to me, I'm sure,' Daigo concluded. 'I could tell from the look in his eyes that he wouldn't resort to rigging the match.'

'Then who is behind it?' Valt argued. 'Who else could've had a reason to pull something like this?'

'Nobody,' agreed Nika. 'Naoki warned us about him!'

It then hit me.

'I know who did this.'

-------------

Sorry for the short chapter, I feel like lately the chapters have been getting really long. Oh well. I'm trying to write as many chapters as possible, so I have some pre-written that I can publish while on holiday. There might be some author notes as well. 

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!!!

P.S. IT'S MA BIRTHDAY!!! I also left my phone at school, which was a great birthday present... -_-

Word count: 889