Rematch Pt.3

Your POV 

There was no doubt about it. Nightmare Boost was a strong move. Probably one of the strongest in Japan. It could easily demolish anyone. But the Shu wasn't just anyone. And this wasn't just an ordinary battle. Shu was fighting for me, for Valt, for Spryzen, for his bitter defeat last year. No, Nightmare Boost couldn't stop him. I was just worried that his confidence might've taken a hit....

'(y/n)? (y/n)!'

Shu's voice cut through my thoughts, startling me. I blinked and remembered what had happened in an instant. I realized I was still holding Spryzen, weighing down on my hand.

'Oh...sorry! Here's Spryzen.' I said, pushing to bey into his pale hands. 'I brought it for you. Shu...is it alright?'

'Spryzen will be fine,' Shu said firmly, clutching it in his fist, a small smile breaking out on his lips. 'We've made it this far, haven't we? It's a setback, nothing more. 'Cause we're in this thing together.'

'Yeah,' I grinned, reassured that both of them was fine. 'True. The two of you have trained harder than anyone else to get here. You've earned it. No doubt about that. And hey, you were the first person to score a burst finish against Luinor! That's a pretty big deal. I was like...woohoo! So pumped!'

'Know what?' Shu said, tilted his head down to look at Spryzen. 'It feels like Spryzen and I are finally in sync. Hard to describe, but it's as if it's ready to win this thing as I am.'

'I get it,' I nodded happily. 'I can feel how fired up you two are to win this thing!'

'Then we should get back,' smiled Shu as I leapt to hug him one more time. 'You watching?'

'Of course,' I whispered into the pink fabric. 'Get out there and knock him out of the park! You saw Lui's Nightmare Boost! It's got nothing on you! No fear!'

'No fear.' And he closed the distance between our lips.

---------------------

'There he is! Shu Kurenai's returned to the stage!'

I cheered wildly as the albino male walked calmly across the stage to his opponent. Lui opened his eyes, snapping out of his bored state and smirking at the arrival of Shu.

'Third battle!'

I watched as both bladers took their positions, waiting to observe any weaknesses. Sure, this wasn't my battle and I was cheering for Shu, but that didn't mean I was going to let an opportunity like this slide. After all, I wasn't just Shu's head cheerleader. I narrowed my eyes as Lui's left hand let go of the grip, and Shu positioned himself for a perfect Crux Boost, going even steeper than usual.

'Prepare to meet your destiny,' whispered Lui venomously as his pale hand reached a full 360 degree arc.

'Ready? Set!'

'3 2 1! Let it rip!'

'Now! Spryzen!' Shu called out suddenly. Spryzen landed and charged off in red sparks, the Cruz Boost giving it extra flair. 'Ultra Upper Launch!'

I held my breath as Spryzen swung around, creating even more fire, and heading towards Luinor with outrageous speed. This is it....huh?  I gasped as Luinor managed to dodge the strike in the nick of time, and Spryzen hit the wall.

'Let's go!' grinned Lui maliciously. 'Counter strike!'

I watched in dreaed as Luinor burnt through the stadium, swinging towards Spryzen. I gritted my teeth as they neared each other, but Spryzen managed to dodge that one. Somehow they both avoided a collision. They kept on flying at each other at speeds I've rarely seen before. Both beys spun opposite directions, so they should've made contact by now.

'C'mon....' I heard Valt whisper next to me. 'You've got this Shu.'

'Let's end this already!' shouted Shu, eyes glinting with determination as red flames erupted around him and his fiery aura. 'Charge! Ultra Counter Break!'

Spryzen shot towards the outer rim, the axis grinding on the metal, zooming around the stadium even faster than Ultra Flash Launch. Suddenly, Luinor caught on the metal rim as well, gaining tremendous speed, before letting go and shooting towards Spryzen. Lui smiled a little, tilting his head back as if he already knew the result.

'Are you ready for your worst nightmare?' Lui viciously yelled. 'Cause it's just getting started! Destroy it!'

Luinor's aura was activated, a tremendous spiral being unleashed as the bey charged towards the enemy, knocking it with extreme force. I bit my lip as Spryzen was sent flying in the air.

'Hold on!' yelled Shu. Spryzen landed, wobbling a bit, spinning out of control. No way is this over yet! Show them everything you've got!'

The red flames that usually only enveloped Shu was now surrounding Spryzen as well, lifting Spryzen upright again. Lui gritted his teeth and a drop of sweat trickled down his pale face when he realized Spryzen was fiercer than ever, circling around Luinor with more speed than ever.

'Now!' Shu instructed as Spryzen caught on the rim again and circled around the stadium, sending sparks flying even more than usual. Both auras was still going strong, each one determined to topple the other. Yellow light accompanied by a fierce wind swept across the stadium, blinding everyone.

I smiled when I saw Lui's face, even more shocked than before, and I saw something in Lui's eyes that I had never seen before; fear. Both beys continued to fight one another, dealing a big impact on each other. Finally, they were thrown back across the stadium, a little wobbly, but still in it to win it.

'Get back in there, attack!' cried Lui desperately.

'You know what to do!' commanded Shu fearlessly. 'Maximum power!'

Spryzen and Luinor glinted a little, surrounded by strong flames as they charged with lightning speed towards each other. Another wind blew around the stadium and they were thrown back again. Lui snarled through gritted teeth and his eyes twitched when Luinor was flying in all directions, before landing, wobbly.

I breathed out in relief when I saw Spryzen. It was stronger than ever, still swiftly spinning around, the complete opposite of Luinor. I closed my eyes and smiled, knowing that Shu would win.

Crack.

My eyes snapped open at the sound of a crack. No...no no no, I thought in panic. Spryzen had split. Cracked. Broke. Crevice. Fracture. Breach. What ever you called it, it still ended the same. The red energy layer, the layer that had fought so hard against Luinor was now severed in two broken parts, laying on the cold stadium floor, along with the forge disc and performance tip. Spryzen had burst.

That meant Shu had lost. No...I thought, desperately hoping for this to be a nightmare.

'Two points to Lost Luinor for a burst finish! Lui Shirasagi wins the match, 3-2!'

Cheers erupted from the crowd, but I was dimly aware of that. Somehow the referee's call made it seem more real. More cheers echoed throughout the stadium. I swallowed hard. How could some people cheer at a time like this? How? One single tear escaped from the corner of my right eye, sliding down my cheek.

I glanced at Shu through my grief and sadness, but looking at him only made it worse. His white hair had fallen across his face, shielding his face from the audience, allowing no one to see the pain and sadness in his eyes, like I did. I knew he didn't want to give Lui satisfaction. No one did. He slowly picked the pieces of Spryzen, hovering slowly above the two pieces of the energy layer before picking it up.

I knew I shouldn't have looked at Shu. More tears fell.

After all, it's harder to look at somebody hurting than to be hurt yourself.

-------------------------

Finally, a long chapter! It was going to be longer, but my mum came in and started watching me and she thought I was doing homework, so I had to do actual homework while she was hovering above my shoulder.

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!!!

Word count: 1350