An Invitation

Your POV 

I threw my bag on the floor before swinging onto the simple blue bed. I looked up at the wooden ceiling and sighed. It had been so long since I've slept in my room in the dojo. Only Yugo, Xander, Yugo and Quon lived here, but I sometimes swing around. Besides, it gets lonely living in a two-story house with nobody there with you. At least I have some people here, even if some of them definitely aren't my favorite people. 

I wriggled my toes, kicking off my socks and feeling more comfortable. But it still didn't help. Another year had passed. And still, nobody was able to defeat Lui. I rolled onto my stomach, beginning to clean Xcalius with a silk cloth. Valt had lost to Lui in the finals, and Lui had reclaimed his crown again as the nation's champion. It hurt. Badly. A part of me, a very small, tiny part of me felt glad the Valt had lost. I was disgusted by that. But yet, I knew what that part of me meant. If Valt had won, sure Lui would've lost, but that meant that Valt was better than me and Shu. No offense to Valt, but without his friends there he wouldn't have even made it to the Regional tournament. Shu taught him how to do the Flash Launch, and without the Flash Launch, Valt wouldn't have been able to beat Wakiya in the District tournament. But still, I wanted Valt to win. I would rather my friend win than my enemy. Valt keeps saying Lui is our rival, not our enemy because we can be friends with him. Please. Lui could never be our friend. Not with Shu and I constantly trying to dethrone him. Another year had passed, and I couldn't defeat Lui. What now? I've been trying for five years now. Do I just do what I've been doing every year, trying harder again? What would I do now?

Ping.

I looked down at my phone and realized Valt had texted us to meet at Beigoma Academy for a quick meeting. Apparently, he had an announcement to make and so did Shu. I rolled my eyes. I really didn't feel like running all the way down to school, but I knew I had to. I stumbled out of bed, about to head out the door when I saw it. An invitation addressed to me in swirly pale blue letters engraved on to cream parchment with a stamp of a fiery, red and yellow sun with an 's' plated into the center. I curiously opened the envelope gently, and slipped a white sheet of paper out, words in the same swirly blue. I began to read it quietly. 

Dear (y/n) (l/n),

Congratulations! I, Christina Kuroda, manager of BC Sol, cordially invite you to join BC Sol in the next month for the International team battles. I've personally scouted you as I'm impressed on your performance in the Japanese National tournament, especially against Lui Shirasagi. I think you will make an excellent addition to the team if you choose to join.

Since I've personally scouted you, you don't have to do the try-outs to get in, just meet me at the gates on the 5th of June at exactly 2:30pm. Try not to be late! BC Sol will provide numerous training facilities for you to use, dorms, training programs and meals. We will try to make it feel like home as much as possible.

BC Sol is the Spanish team, so it would be great if you could fly in next week to Spain to get settled in quickly. I've scouted another one of your friends, so you two can go on the plane together.

Thanks, 

Christina Kuroda (manager of BC Sol)

P.S For more information please contact  456 13 13 99

Excitement filled me as I read the letter. BC Sol was famous all around the world. They've won the last International team battles, and they're favored to win this year again. Not only that, but it's home to the top blader in the world, Free De La Hoya. And the cherry on top was that one of my friends will be coming with me...it must be Shu! He told everyone he had something to announce, didn't he? He was going to Spain with me! All of a sudden my laziness disappeared. I grinned, and grabbing the letter, I sprinted out of the dojo, running towards the city.

-------------------

'(y/n), you're late.'

'Yeah, yeah. Whatever.' I pushed past Wakiya to the bench, where Shu was standing, and excitedly hugged him. 'I assume you also got an invite!'

He nodded, smiling. 'I can't believe it! One of the top teams in the world!'

'I know!' I agreed happily. 'We're going to dominate at Internationals!'

'We'll win!' Shu high-fived me. 'America will win the team battles!'

'Yeah!' I cheered. 'America will- wait, hang on.'

Dread and terror washed over me when the realization hit me, sharp and cold like a bullet had been pierced through my heart, which sank in the confused look in Shu's eyes. He wasn't joking with me.

'America?'

------------------

GAH!!!! IT'S THE SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER!!!! Wow, I started in April and was able to finish it in two months. Please don't  hate me for making Shu go to America while the main character goes to Spain!

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 880