Start the Quarterfinals!

Sorry this chapter is kinda short an lame, I need something to fill in :/

Your POV 

'Hey all you bladers! It's time to start the quarter finals!'

Zac had just finished his battle with Gabe, winning with a burst finish. The second round had been wrapped up. It was now the third round of Nationals. The quarter finals. Emotions and tensions were running high, bladers waiting to see who they'll compete with. I drew my shoulders back confidently, waiting for my name to be announced. Other than myself, I knew Shu, Valt, Xander, Lui, Wakiya and Zac were in the quarter finals, so I didn't know who was the last person in the participating eight. They must be good, I thought. How else would they have made it into the remaining eight? 

'First up! The stars have aligned! I'll give you a clue, he sings, he dances and beyblades to! Zac the Sunrise with Zillion Zeutron, that's who!' Hanami announced.

The fangirls screamed and cheered for Zac, holding up signs and blowing kisses and throwing roses towards him. He smiled and waved, the stage exploding with rose petals as he held up Zeutron.

'Next, is Valt Aoi! His partner is none other than Victory Valtryek!'

A bright, blue spotlight shone on Valt sitting next to me. He raised his hand up, holding Valtryek.

'It's the fierce Bey Empress, none other than (y/n) (l/n) with her bey, Xcalius!'

The light blinded me as I thrusted my hand up in the air, lifting Xcalius high up into the air for everyone to admire. I smiled at the amount of cheers I was getting from the crowd. 

'Here's last years runner-up! Shu Kurenai and Storm Spryzen!'

Shu lifted Spryzen up, still keeping a cold face at the crowds.

'Don't forget Wakiya Murasaki and his bey, Wild Wyvron!'

Wakiya stood up, showing off Wyvron as if it was the strongest bey in the world.

'Looking sharp! Putting the blade in beyblade, it's none other than Xander Shakadera and Xeno Xcalius!'

A familiar red-head giant stood up in the crowd, garnering whoops and cheers.

'Deja vu! Reigning champ Lui Shirasagi is back for more with Lost Luinor!'

Lui stood up, cupping Luinor in his hand, thrusting it for everyone to see. His face was stretched into a big, evil smirk as if he was planning something evil.

'And last, but not least, a newcomer, Akira Yamatoga! Showing off Atlas Anubion!'

A pink-headed figure stood up in the crowd, eagerly showing off Anubion. I gasped when I realized I had seen him. Just before the Bey Club left the arena, Akira was battling. I didn't actually see him win, courtesy of Wakiya, but I saw enough to know that Akira was good. 

'And now for the match-ups!'

The Top Eight's faces appeared on the big screen. I bit my lip, anxious to see who I was facing.

'Of course these match-ups are random, so let's just see who battles who! Drumroll please!'

Two faces enlarged for the big screen. Wakiya and Shu. They looked at each other, nodded and returned coldly to their positions, Wakiya sporting a big smirk.

'It's Wakiya Murasaki versus Shu Kurenai! And next up is....Valt Aoi and Xander Shakadera!'

Valt smiled gleefully next to me, ready to take on Xander again. The board showed two more faces.

'It's star power! Zac the Sunrise and Akira Yamatoga, both top of the charts bladers! Feisty!'

That was all eight but me and somebody else. My fists clenched slightly as I realized who it was. I stared directly up and him, and stared coldly down at me. Purple met (e/c) and we knew that we were going to face each other before it had even been announced....

'Ooh! It's Lui Shirasagi versus (y/n) (l/n), both old rivals from previous National Tournament!'

Our eyes met again. I stared coldly back. I'm going to beat you Lui...just you watch