Shattered

Gosh, the title sounds kinda depressed...

Your POV 

It's harder to look at somebody you know hurting than to be hurt yourself. But I kept on watching the seen unfold, with a mixture of sadness and dread.

'This is the worst!' Nika sobbed, hugging me in the middle.

'We had a deal though...' whispered Valt, next to me. He was crying as well. I hugged Nika tighter, letting my hair fall down between my eyes, so I could just see Shu, but blocked the rest of the scene out. Shu gently picked up all the pieces of the fallen bey, before standing up and turning away, clutching it in his hands as he exited the stadium.

'Shu!' Lui's arrogant, cold, twisted voice cut through the air. Shu stopped, but didn't turn around, his hair still covering his face.

'What now?' croaked Shu. With a pang of sadness, I realized he was on the verge of tears. 

'C'mon, at least say something!' Lui shouted, gritting his teeth. 'Aren't you upset that I shattered your bey to pieces?'

Shu glanced up, showing the crowd his face. He was looking anywhere but where the Bey Club was sitting, and though his face seemed clear of any emotion (besides anger), I knew that there was a lot more feelings buried up. He turned towards Lui, eyes twitching.

'No! You didn't...!' Shu yelled angrily. He blinked and let of a small, realizing, sad gasp. 'You're not the who damaged in the first place.'

'Did...I?' Wakiya whispered along the line with a realizing gasp. 'Did I do this?'

'It wasn't your fault,' I replied softly, before returning to watch the scene. It was so sad, I wanted to leave, but something enthralled me to keep watching. Shu let out an emotional breath, closing his eyes. I bit my lip as two more tears came rolling down my cheeks. Shu rarely showed any emotion. To show this much emotion to a whole audience...that meant he didn't care anymore. I watched in pain as he let out an emotional scream, just like I had done. More tears came. I stood up, ignoring the Bey Club's yells to stay. I stormed out of the  crowded arena, now silent in anguish. I doubted that even Rideout was happy about Lui's victory. Even Lui had to feel some sort of remorse. He had to, I thought. Otherwise he isn't human. He's a monster. I walked my way towards the blue corner waiting room, where Lui was going to come out any second. Yes, I said Lui, not Shu. I had to do something to Lui.

I leaned against the cold wall, waiting for the blue-haired male to come out. The crowd was still silent, and the echoes of Shu's scream had gone. Soon enough, audience member came flooding out of the double doors, heading towards the foyer, leaving me alone with the Bey Club and Xander.

'I need to do something,' I told them quietly, my (h/c) locks falling once again in between my eyes.

'But (y/n)-'

'Listen to me!' I yelled out angrily, looking up. My eyes glinted with revenge and anger. 'Lui needs to pay. For what he's done to us. All of us. Go take care of Shu. I'll be there with him in a minute.'

The Bey Club all nodded and scurried off, hoping to escape from my anger and wrath. Soon enough I was left alone with Xander.

'(y/n), don't do anything too bad,' Xander said gently. 'Don't sink down to his level. You may not seem like much, but really, you're stronger than me. I know what you are capable of.'

'I-I won't do anything that bad,' I replied firmly. But Xander was right. I was capable of lots of things. Xander nodded before following the Bey Club to the red corner doors, where Shu still hadn't come out yet.