Regionals

Your POV
I waited outside for the Regionals to start with Shu and Xander.

'So Ukio and Yugo are going to go against Valt, Daigo and Honco, correct?' I asked. 'Gee, I hope Valt's bey awakens in time.'

'Me too,' said Shu, turning to me. 'Hey, I saw how you took out Honcho, by the way. Nice moves.'

'T-Thank you,' I stuttered, blushing. Wait, I stuttered?

'And look here! Two of the Supreme Four, Shu Kurenai and Xander Shakadera are right here in the crowd!'

I looked up as a camera zoomed in on us, displaying our faces across the big screen.

'Wow, didn't realize how popular you were,' I grinned. 

'Oh look! Who's that?' exclaimed Nika, pointing towards the stage. A figure had appeared out of smoke, and appeared to be rising into the air. 'Oh wow, it's Zac!'

I rolled my eyes. Personally, I didn't see how so many people could like Zac. 'A bit of a show-off, isn't he?'

'Oh my! And here is one of the strongest bladers! A girl no less, I give you, (y/n) (l/n)!'

I groaned as a spotlight beamed upon me, with Zac pointing at me. 

'And hopefully, my soon to be girlfriend, hm?' smiled Zac, waggling his eyebrows. Behind me, I couldn't help but notice Shu tensing up, with Ukio doing nothing.

'In your dreams, Zachary!' I shouted back at him, calling him by his real name, not his stage name. 

'Oh dear, playing hard to get? Well, ta ta for now then!'

And with a puff of smoke he vanished, only to appear on large, starry throne.

'Wow, I can't believe Zac actually likes you!' Nika gazed up to me. 'You think, one day I can be as good as you and be noticed by Zac and Shu?'

I blushed and turned away, hoping Shu couldn't hear this conversation. And Shu? What did that mean? Does he like like me?

'Don't be ridiculous Nika, Shu doesn't like like me. And don't bother with Zac,' I sighed. 'Seriously, I can not believe he gets his own throne!'

'Well you wouldn't know about Shu...' she giggled.

'Hey! Isn't that Valt and Ukio versing?' Toko said, pointing up to the stage. 

'It is...' I trailed off. Even though I liked Ukio, I felt like cheering for Valt. Why do I feel like this? I'm supposed to be Ukio's girlfriend.

'I hope Valtryek awakens in time,' said Shu. I nodded.

'3 2 1! Let it rip!'

Unicrest had a great launch, but Valtryek's launch was the opposite. The Rush Launch was way slower then usual, and it wouldn't speed up. Within seconds, Valtryek was sent flying.

'3 2 1! Let it rip!'

The match started again, playing out like the first one at first. Then, all of a sudden, Valtryek sped up, collided with and bursted Unicrest. 

'Valtryek woke up!' exclaimed Shu and Xander in surprise. 

'I knew you had it in you, Valt!'

-------------

'Hey, (y/n), what was that about?'

It late in the afternoon, and the first round of regionals had just finished. Xander and the others walked on ahead, with me trailing behind with Ukio.

'What, Ukio?' I turned to him, bewildered.

'I don't know, you and Shu, Zac and not cheering for me?'

'Valt's my best friend, I've known him for a long time.'

'Yeah, but I'm your boyfriend. And I can't take it with both Shu and Zac hitting on you.'

'Ok Zac might be, but Shu isn't...' I trailed off. I felt my cheeks heat up. Oh why, oh why do I have to blush at even an mention of Shu. 

'There. I knew it,' said Ukio. 'You think I wouldn't notice you blushing it up with Shu. And that conversation you and Nika had? Unacceptable.'

'What? So I'm like an object now? Your object?' I shouted, stopping and jabbing my finger in his face. The others stopped and looked at us. 'Valt is like a brother to me, Zac is an annoyance and nothing will happen between Shu and me!'

But even as I said it, I wasn't sure myself. Oh crap. My feelings are playing up. Pink began to tinge by cheeks until I was blushing. Again. At the mere thought of Shu. Great. And he's seeing this happen.

'Ugh,' Ukio sighed. 'There you go again.'

He dissolved into the shadows, leaving me alone with everyone else in the street. 

---------------

Walking home with Shu was awkward. Extremely awkward since he just overheard Ukio and I's whole conversation. It doesn't help that everyone had gone home, except for Yugo, Xander, me and Shu. But of course Xander and Yugo had to have me follow behind while they talked about boy things.

We finally reached outside of Shu's apartment.

'Um, hey, (y/n), are you alright?' Shu asked, stopping to look at me. 'Ukio said some pretty harsh things...'

'Yeah, yeah. I'm fine,' I said. But inside, I was touched about how much Shu cared for me. Proving Ukio right. That Shu may like me. 

'You don't look fine to me,' Shu paused, waiting for me to say something. 'Well, take care (y/n). I'll see you at Nationals. And remember, I'll always be here for you.'

I smiled at him and he smiled back. He started to walk away, but I rushed up to him and wrapped my arms around him, startling him. 

'Thank you for being there for me,' I whispered. The hug was warm, and I wanted to stay in the moment forever. But Shu pulled away, blushing. I realized I was blushing as well and how stupid and awkward I was. 

'Well, uh, gotta run!' I smiled nervously before dashing to catch up with Xander and Yugo.

---------------

Pls vote, comment and share!