My Old Rival Pt.2

Your POV 

'One point to Xcalius with a ring-out finish! One-all!'

I had finally done it. I had scored a point off the magnificent, the unrivaled, the unbeatable Lui Shirasagi. Now all I had to do was do the same, and I was going to fufill my promise and battle Shu with all my strength. But something told me I wasn't going to be that easy to make it to the semi-finals. Particularly Lui's laugh.

It wasn't a nervous one. It was a short, amused laugh, more like a snort, or even a cackle. I clenched my fists and glared up into his face. 

'You really think it's gonna be that easy?' he coldly said. 'Keep dreaming. You're far from winning this. For one thing, you haven't seen my special move...'

Special move? I thought. Isn't Lost Spiral his special move?

'But you know, I probably won't show it,' he shrugged. 'I don't need it to beat a pathetic blader like you.'

'I'd slap you, but that will be animal abuse,' I retorted. 

'If I told you that I have a piece of dirt in my eye, would you move?' sneered Lui. I rolled my eyes. Back at the insults again. 'Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain back there.'

'Keep talking, maybe someday you'll say something intelligent.'

'Break it up, break it up,' the referee called out. I growled and returned to my stance. 'It's time for the third battle!'

I took my usual stance, holding off on Soaring Boost. I ddin't need it. Yet. I narrowed my eyes. Judging from the angle he was holding his launcher at, I'm guessing he was going to go for Lost Spiral. Then I would go for Soaring Boost. I tucked my feet in ever so slightly, returning to the Soaring Boost position. 

'Ready? Set!'

'3 2 1!'

Ever so slightly, he tilted his launcher downwards. He wasn't going to do Lost Spiral. I returned to my usual stance lightning fast, not doing Soaring Boost. Instead, I tilted my launcher downwards as well.

'Let it rip!'

Luinor circled around the outside, while I went towards the inner rim.

'She saw that coming!' Lui cried out in utter shock. I smirked.

'Deja vu anyone? This is playing out like the first battle!' Hanami announced. I frowned. It was going to turn out like the first battle...only I had something else.

'Xcalius!' I fired up my aura, not wasting anytime. 'Repition Launch!'

The axis of Xcalius's performance tip change, going up to slope, then down, increasing power and speed, until it was locked on a collision course towards Lui. Lui realized this too late. He didn't fire up his aura, like I had did. Luinor was knocked out of the stadium. Lui's eyes widened in shock as he registered what had happened.

'One point to Xcalius for a ring out finish! That's now two to one, (y/n)'s way!'

The crowd went wild, but I drowned them out. Little by little, the whole stadium disappeared, Lui along with it so I was back in the zone. Lui had already seen all of my special moves. But I hadn't seen his....

'Alright, you've asked for it!'

Lui appeared back into my vision, smirking. 'I'm going to show you the real power of Luinor. With Nightmare Boost!'

-------------

Sorry for the short chapter.

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!!

Word count: 538